cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: r170xxu0atd2 update : Touchpad no longer works and connection drops freque..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the same exact issues. I've contact Samsung support and after following their instructions i am still have the same problems. I have the latest updates on my phone, my galaxy buds, and my galaxy wearable app. I never had problems until this new update came up.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: r170xxu0atd2 update : Touchpad no longer works and connection drops freque..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try forgetting your earbuds in current device under Bluetooth. Connect to a different device with the buds and then reconnect to current device. If that doesn't work you can try resetting network settings or Clear the cache of the wearables app also try clearing the cache of your phone. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried your suggestions to no avail.

Both issues still persist.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is weird,I don't have that issue in my galaxy buds. And I am on the latest software update

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: r170xxu0atd2 update : Touchpad no longer works and connection drops frequently

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok ...  this is strange ... but here it goes.

After sitting overnight in the charging case ... the touch pads have started working this morning.

Did not experience any connection drop either during a 90 minutes walk this morning.

So, no change in software for either app or firmware for the buds, but they seem to be working now!! Go figure.

Well, I will moniter them over another day to see if they behave, but am at a loss to say why the initial problem was experienced.

Samsung support ... do you guys have an explaination for this, if at all ?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: r170xxu0atd2 update : Touchpad no longer works and connection drops frequently

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Saw the new firmware update today  :  r170xxu0atd3

Just updated ... touch wood ... things seem to be working fine now.

This is the last time I might upgrade if things work fine ... not taking any more chances on future upgrades now!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New firmware update from r170xxu0atd2 to r170xxu0atd3 solved the issue for me.

Hopefully Samsung spends more time in quality control for firmware updates next time so customers will not face such issues.

View solution in original post