Original topic:

A question regarding z fold 2 partial repair

(Topic created on: 4/16/21 3:45 PM)
fold2user
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hi, 

My z fold 2 screen popped off the frame on the top right corner. There was a small gap between the screen and the frame. That was the only issue. Other than that everything was perfect!

I sent my phone to the Texas repair center for an easy fix. I thought it could be easy. Because all you need to do was to put some adheresive and put it under uv light.

I received a call to ask me pay  $117 to fix it because they said there was liquid in my phone. Well...... Eventhough I didn't remember I put any liquid in my phone and the fix should not have anything to do with liquid (My phone worked very well), I still paid and hoped $117 for some adhesive was worth it.

But today, I got a second bill asking  me to pay $600 more for screen replacement! God, there was nothing wrong with the LCD! I don't want to pay anymore. If they can not fix it easily, I just want to get back my phone as it was!

My question is: Is there anyway I get back phone? Is there any way for me to ask them only put some adhesive instead of replacing the whole good screen?

What if I don't pay and the whole process lasts more than 1 month, will Samsung keep my phone forever ?

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
Wow. I've only use the repair center one time, & the phone was under warranty so no problems.
But back to yours, been seen a lot of fellow user complaining about repairs like yours. Got one notice to pay this, then a few days later pay more. If this was me I would stick to my guns about the repair for $117. And just a comment isn't your phone less then a year old ?, if so should be under warranty

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
Wow. I've only use the repair center one time, & the phone was under warranty so no problems.
But back to yours, been seen a lot of fellow user complaining about repairs like yours. Got one notice to pay this, then a few days later pay more. If this was me I would stick to my guns about the repair for $117. And just a comment isn't your phone less then a year old ?, if so should be under warranty

View solution in context

fold2user
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks man.

Yes. my phone is under warranty. But they said there was liquid in the phone, so that may void the warranty.

However, I actually do not care if there is liquid in the phone. The LCD  and the phone works very well. I just want them to use some adheresive to put the corner screen and the frame together. It can be a very easy fix... The LCD screen is good, why do I need to pay 600 to replace it?

I will call the costomer service number for help.

Thanks again for your time and reply 

fold2user
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have called Samsung. The response is that Samsung does not provide parital repair even if the issue is minor.

So maybe a third party only costs $20 to fill a very small gap between screen and frame, Samsung would cost me $600 to replace the whole LCD. 

I am speechless.

0 Likes