Original topic:

Accidental touch

(Topic created: 04-04-2022 12:38 PM)
useremHwQdvpxK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have a ZF3 and the accidental touch does not turn the screen off at all. I put it on my pocket, face down on the table and it will not turn the screen off.

I had this issue with my S10+ a few years ago and tried all the same fixes (turn off double tap to wake and lift to wake). But nothing works. I also tried all the diagnostic tests, including the sensor tests, but I don't believe it tests the proximity sensor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care and be well. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@useremHwQdvpxK There may be a misunderstanding here. The Accidental touch feature is to prevent accidental touches from turning the screen ON. This feature does not turn the screen off. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@useremHwQdvpxK There may be a misunderstanding here. The Accidental touch feature is to prevent accidental touches from turning the screen ON. This feature does not turn the screen off. 

useremHwQdvpxK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
You're absolutely right. Huh. I just tapped the screen while in my pocket and an accidental touch message came up. I would have sworn that my old S10+ turned the screen off when you placed it face downn or in a dark place.
Next you're going to tell me Nelson Mandela is still alive! Thank you kindly LongHiker, appreciate the correction.
0 Likes