JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Virgin Seeking Help

(Topic created: 02-17-2023 05:04 PM)
AndroidVirgin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hello, new to the forum and new to Android after 20+ years of Iphones. I have had the Zfold4 now for a few months, it has been a BIG LEARNING CURVE but enjoying it and loving the phone. Looking for what platform or app are you using and would recommend for calls, messaging, and voicemail. Please forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question, just an Android virgin that needs some help. Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leviathon713
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Most people use the default Samsung apps. Most of the rest use the Google versions.

Its a matter of personal preference. I like the Samsung defaultvapos because they just seem to play nicer with my phone and watch.

A lot of people prefer Google for different customizations.

Small example: I use the Samsung keyboard because ai like the number keys at the top.

My wife likes Gboard because she prefers the number pad style layout.

It really depends on how you use your phone and what youbwould like to do with it.

I'm an IT Consultant by trade if you want to ask about specifics. I don't always see these group replies.

Mostly, you can think to yourself "Do ibwant the Samsung blah blah or the Google blah blah?".

Type that question into a Google search and you will see many opinions on which "blah blah" is better for which function.

You have a lot more options now with third party apps and whatnot than you ever had with Apple. Most of the options are free even. You just have to read a lot of reviews and things of the sort.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Leviathon713
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Most people use the default Samsung apps. Most of the rest use the Google versions.

Its a matter of personal preference. I like the Samsung defaultvapos because they just seem to play nicer with my phone and watch.

A lot of people prefer Google for different customizations.

Small example: I use the Samsung keyboard because ai like the number keys at the top.

My wife likes Gboard because she prefers the number pad style layout.

It really depends on how you use your phone and what youbwould like to do with it.

I'm an IT Consultant by trade if you want to ask about specifics. I don't always see these group replies.

Mostly, you can think to yourself "Do ibwant the Samsung blah blah or the Google blah blah?".

Type that question into a Google search and you will see many opinions on which "blah blah" is better for which function.

You have a lot more options now with third party apps and whatnot than you ever had with Apple. Most of the options are free even. You just have to read a lot of reviews and things of the sort.