JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio Stuttering / Battery drain with Google Home and Nest apps running (Fold 4)

(Topic created: 12-26-2022 05:04 AM)
Neislerw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have been having a terrible time with Android 13 issues. My battery has been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. When looking at the usage data Android 13 is using the most battery, sometimes 25%. 

I also was having some strange audio issues, where the audio from all sources would stutter and stop pausing and playing every half second or so. The volume controls were all also constantly popping up each time the audio paused. Leading me to think that some audio issues is switching my audio output device constantly, whether playing audio or not.

In a search for a solution, I found that if I closed all apps, the audio issues went away. Then I began slowly reopening apps. I narrowed it down to 2 apps. Google Home and Nest App. When either of those are open, the audio issues is present, and presumably the battery drain is happing as well. But I have not had as much time to test that.

For now I have uninstalled the nest app, because it is the one I need less. I will try and report back if I find out anything more, but wanted to share those details.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Neislerw 

I've noticed it too, with Google Home app, and since it's only doing it with those Google apps, it probably makes sense to report the issue to Google. It's not bothering too much, because the Home app doesn't need to be open for me to receive my Nest Cameras notifications, so I just close it when I'm not actively using it.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

View solution in context

2 Replies
Zhaas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Darn was hoping you found a solution. If I make sure the home app is running my camera in the background it works fine. But I can't even use the audio in my nest camera or it does this exactly! 

0 Likes
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Neislerw 

I've noticed it too, with Google Home app, and since it's only doing it with those Google apps, it probably makes sense to report the issue to Google. It's not bothering too much, because the Home app doesn't need to be open for me to receive my Nest Cameras notifications, so I just close it when I'm not actively using it.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"