Original topic:

BMW Digital Key on Galaxy Fold 4

(Topic created: 12-24-2022 08:13 PM)
user0FIN8or4CL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello

It seems like Galaxy Fold 4 is now supported in My BMW App.

It used to say the device is not supported, but now I can access the setup process

However, during the last step which is adding the key to Samsung Wallet, it throws an error stating Digital Key is not supported for this device.

According to Samsung Korea Samsung Wallet page, it's supposed to support BMW on Fold 4)

Has anyone had any luck setting up the Digital Key?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Catchupshan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Update: Finally I see BMW listed in my Samsung Wallet. Last night I was able to setup my Digital Key on my Fold4. Yayyy, now I dont have to carry that bulky key anymore.

Old: Same issue for me too. Atleast a couple months ago, BMW app didn't allow me to setup the digital key. But I believe from last month bmw app enabled this option for z fold4, but unfortunately I can't add the key to samsung digital wallet. Come on Samsung, we pay $2k for your high end phone, but you haven't rolled out this feature yet. (While the older models like s22 ultra or note 20 ultra are supporting this feature)

View solution in context

7 Replies
kishore3006
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same issue
0 Likes
pogfanatic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah ran into same issue here.
0 Likes
Solution
Catchupshan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Update: Finally I see BMW listed in my Samsung Wallet. Last night I was able to setup my Digital Key on my Fold4. Yayyy, now I dont have to carry that bulky key anymore.

Old: Same issue for me too. Atleast a couple months ago, BMW app didn't allow me to setup the digital key. But I believe from last month bmw app enabled this option for z fold4, but unfortunately I can't add the key to samsung digital wallet. Come on Samsung, we pay $2k for your high end phone, but you haven't rolled out this feature yet. (While the older models like s22 ultra or note 20 ultra are supporting this feature)
userrBPzcc0x3l
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
This is a real bummer.
user0FIN8or4CL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Finally. Now I see BMW on the list! Seems like there was an update overnight.
0 Likes
bmwowner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I just purchased a new BMW and was bummed that I couldn't get the digital key to work on my Samsung Fold 4. I finally got it to work by completely updating my phone (allowing all the system updates that I ignored). I also made sure Samsung wallet was updated. Once it was all updated I could finally see BMW as an option to add as a digital key but when I selected it I still got the "device is not supported" error. I gave up for the night but then something obviously updated over night as the next step... to go to your car with all keys... finally popped up and I was able to fully add the key.

I thought this would be the last issue I had but then when I actually tried to use the digital key to unlock the door it wouldn'twork... with either the key card or with my phone... I then tried both to start the car and they did work! Finally, after using both to start the car I tried both again to unlock and lock the doors and had success! Lots of drama but it FINALLY works! I hope this is helpful to someone else.
0 Likes
user8xuJedhjEM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
No not here
0 Likes