JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blinking green dot

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 07:43 PM)
RossM722
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Wondering if anyone else with fold 4 is noticing a small green blinking dot on main inner display, about an inch in from the top of volume button. I thought at first it may have been a screen pixel issue but after further troubleshooting and research I'm thinking and hoping it's just a proximity sensor or something. As it only shows when no movement or activity is on screen and when not touching display. It's hard to notice but once u do it's hard not to lol. Any feedback is much appreciated... thank you!
0 Likes
6 Replies
Bigeyefish1979
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
Is it the green indicator showing that there is an app currently using camera permission?
0 Likes
RossM722
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
No it is not the green activity dot in status bar. It is a very small pixel like dot flashing, about an inch in display from volume buttons
0 Likes
RossM722
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yea this dot I'm talking about is very small and about two inches below status bar and an inch in from volume buttons on display. It's hard to see it... easier to see in dark background and after further looking into it only shows when no movement or activity is on display. So it's making me feel a little more at ease that there's not an issue with my display and that maybe it's some type of proximity sensor or something
RossM722
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's gotta be some type of sensor i guess. I'm seeing it even on the aod so at least I don't have to file a claim lol for a faulty display. I did report it to samsung so hopefully they push an update to make it less visible. I found they did something similar a while back with another device that had similar behavior.... something about the display resolution making the sensor more visible but that was a white blinking dot for proximity lol and was closer to status bar. Maybe this one is more in display because of the size of screen. Thanks again for all the feedback
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

That would be the Proximity Sensor built into the screen 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
RossM722
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Gary... thank you so much for confirming this!
0 Likes