JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth Stops Working When Device is Open After May 2023 Software Update

(Topic created: 05-17-2023 12:13 AM)
Lovenlife247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have a z fold 3 & when the recent software update was done in the beginning of May I noticed there was an issue with my Bluetooth that I never had before. When I'm connected to my ear phones via Bluetooth & talking on the phone and I open (aka unfold) my z fold everything goes silent. The caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. As soon as I close the phone the Bluetooth works again & I can hear the caller again. Anytime I'm connected via Bluetooth & the phone is unfolded I can't hear anything except when I'm playing music. I can open & close the phone & I do not have any issues. It seems it's just with phone calls.

Now, when I'm in my car I'm having the same issue described above except the music cuts off in the car when I open my z fold. As soon as I close the phone the music turns on. Not sure why there would be a difference between the Bluetooth from my phone to ear phones and my phone to my car. 

Has anyone else had this issue?? Please help because this sucks!!! 😭😭😭

#ZFold3 #Bluetooth #Issues #OpeningPhone

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, There. 

I would recommend a factory reset of the device, and if the symptoms still persist after this, Please try submitting an error report to alert our engineers. we ask that you please make sure that when you submit the error report that the issue is presenting itself at the time of reporting.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/ 

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details (Make sure to include the hashtag #SCommunity)

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
I think I know the issue. Essentially the phone is set up when closed as a phone and open as a tablet separating the two unless you choose for it not To in the settings. Go into the settings and turn on the continue when open device flip all the switches to on. Now delete your Bluetooth devices and reinstall them. This should fix you issues
Lovenlife247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you very much for that suggestion. I went into my settings, went into display & I could only find the option of "continue apps on front screen". Is there another option or area I should be looking for? I searched in my settings for "continue when open device" & that's the only option it gave me. I did turn that option on, deleted my Bluetooth devices, reinstalled them & the issue is still happening.
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Is it all Bluetooth devices? How many do you have and if you don't mind what are they? Also do you unlock developer mode and adjust Bluetooth?
Lovenlife247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes, it's all my Bluetooth devices. Currently, I only have 3 devices connected to my Bluetooth. My powerbeats earphones, my U8I workout earphones & my car which is a Nissan Murano. I've never tried to unlock developer mode & adjust Bluetooth. I looked up "developer" within my settings & it gave me Developer Settings under Accessibility, is that what you're talking about?

Also, my provider is Verizon. When this issue arose I reached out to their tech support Asurian & spoke to their level 1 & 2 IT support. I stayed on the call for about 2 hours trying to figure out the issue & they did not what it was except they assumed it was a software issue with my phone which I originally told them that it was my assumption that was the issue since prior to the software update my phone was working perfectly.
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have been trying to repuduce it. When I turn on continuing when open all is good. Have you tried a manufacturer setting reset and if that doesn't work a manufacturer reset? Also is it all audio ? Like Netflix calls music ect? If not have you checked the app settings and allow the app to run in the background. If you don't Give it permission it will close the app and stop sound that's the only other thing I can think of .Screenshot_20230517_162757_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230517_162819_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230517_162837_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230517_162849_Settings.jpg
Lovenlife247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for the screenshots. It seems I don't have that developer options on my phone, not sure why. Mine stops at the "about phone" option. I haven't tried the manufacturer setting reset or the manufacturer reset. I'm scared to do the manufacturer reset because it says I'll lose all the apps I downloaded, pictures, files, etc. But I'll try the manufacturer reset to see if that works! Thank you for all of the suggestions, I really appreciate it. Screenshot_20230517_181252_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Anytime so sorry we couldn't get it figured out also to activate developer mode go to settings then about phone now click on build number really fast until it ask for you password now you will have developer access just don't mess with anything that is unfamiliar go to the Bluetooth part. 😉
Lovenlife247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you!! I did do that & was able to enable that function. I did what you suggested on the Bluetooth option and it still didn't work lol. There sure are bunch of options there & I don't know anything a out them so I'll make sure not to mess with them lol. Thank you again for all of your help & suggestions
0 Likes
userBTAZdWi90u
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
1. Go down to ABOUT PHONE, tap it.
2. Tap SOFTWARE INFORMATION
3. Tap multiple times on BUILD NUMBER (or similar).

After the first multi-tap, a tiny pop up should appear that says something like "only __ more to become a developer!" After you've tapped ___ times, you're now a DEVELOPER and the associated options are now available to you in your settings. The location of the DEVELOPER OPTIONS button has been different on pretty much every phone I've had but my s22 ultra has it listed directly below ABOUT PHONE at the bottom of the settings main screen. Hope this helps with at least part of your issue.