cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Bluetooth is failing on all Galaxys

My whole family has Galaxy devices, Fold, S8, S8+ . . .   In the past month or so they have all stopped connecting properly to bluetooth especially in the cars.  I drive a Tesla, my wife drives a Dodge Caravan, my daughter a Buick - they are all doing the same thing.  The phones say they are connected, the cars say they are not.  There is no phonebook available and you can't make calls.  When you receive a call, you can answer - only see number, no contact info - but then it drops and reconnects constantly while talking.  My fold even has issues with my Galaxy watch.  The phone will say connected, the watch shows it's not.  This happens intermittently.  Have tried the disconnect - reconnect of course but no help.  The only common denominator is Galaxy and\or Android.  Was this an issue in an update?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bluetooth is failing on all Galaxys

Have you tried booting in safe mode? Does the connection work properly while booted in safe mode?

If so, then a 3rd party app that you have installed is causing the issue. 

Asteroid

Hello!

I'm not sure that we all have the same apps - we do all have Live360 - but I'm willing to give it a try.  How do I boot in safe mode?  Never seen that other than on the PC.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@LeeH21 wrote:

Hello!

I'm not sure that we all have the same apps - we do all have Live360 - but I'm willing to give it a try.  How do I boot in safe mode?  Never seen that other than on the PC.

Google of course can provide you this information for the exact models that you have. 

For the fold, it looks like this is the process:

1. To activate Safe Mode, hold the power key until the Power off icon appears.
  2. Press and hold the Power off icon until the Safe Mode prompt appears.
  3. Select Safe Mode to confirm.

To exit Safe Mode, press and hold the power button. Select "Restart." If you aren't prompted to restart, continue to hold the power button until your device restarts.

For the S8:

1. With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (right edge) until the Samsung Galaxy S8 screen appears then release.
  2. With Samsung Galaxy S8 still on screen, press and hold the Volume Down button (left edge).
  3. Continue to hold the Volume Down button until 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock or Home screen then release. (This may take up to 45 seconds.)
  4. With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality.

Rebooting the S8 should get it out of safe mode. 

Asteroid

So safe mode didn't seem to help.  Only tried mine and the wife, daughter does not live with us.  It's not happening all the time - I would say 60/40 with 60 being not working.  Sometimes I can get in the car and it connects right up.  I know when it does in my car because the calendar will pop up on the screen when it does.  I looked over our apps and the only ones I see we both have that have connection permissions are Samsung apps: Wearables and SmartThings.  After I saw that I was thinking, this does coincide with the SmartThings update to the new one that sees everything connected.  Could be coincidence.  Don’t want to uninstall that though – would be a HUGE mess at home.  PLUS - daughter does NOT have SmartThings or Wearables unless they are built in by default. 

you should download samsung members and submit a ticket there.

i submit ticket whenever i find an issue and they help me a lot.

once you open, click + sign, then click error report

Asteroid

Re: Re: Bluetooth is failing on all Galaxys

Thanks. Just submitted an error report. This thread is showing on it as well.