JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cracked screen--how to factory reset for trade-in?

(Topic created: 12-06-2021 01:16 PM)
userg4Um1hHmCd
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Hello,
So I'm trading in my Note20U but the problem is my phone is cracked and only the very top is usable. DeX is no help since the factory reset option is grayed out.
Any ideas? I've gotten to the factory reset page but cannot confirm my security pattern bc the bottom 70% of the screen is flickering and barely if at all usable.
Any ideas?
I don't want to send this phone back to them with ALL of my info on it.

Thank you so much!
0 Likes
18 Replies
Options
Note20
If you can get a mouse connected, it might work. Maybe not a Bluetooth mouse, but one that can plug in physically.
0 Likes
userg4Um1hHmCd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

While using DeX or just connected directly to the phone?

Thanks

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I don't think DeX is needed to use an external mouse. Should be able to plug one in, or get it connected to Bluetooth if you can access it.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
The only problem I see is that you would need a mouse with the Type-C port, or an adapter for one. Unless of course you have a Bluetooth mouse that you can get connected.
0 Likes
userg4Um1hHmCd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Can you clarify? I'm not sure what a mouse will do if I can't see where the curser would be?

I can connect a BT mouse via DeX, but the reset area is greyed out. I can't get a BT mouse connect to the phone by itself bc the screen is flickering. 

0 Likes
Options
Note20
Well is your screen not responding to touch, or can you only see part of it?
0 Likes
userg4Um1hHmCd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Both. Barely responds to touch and I can not see past the bottom 70% of the screen

0 Likes
LoganRandall
Astronaut
Options
Note20
try connecting your phone to an external screen, like a TV or laptop, without using dex. then connect a Bluetooth mouse to reset
0 Likes
userg4Um1hHmCd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

When I connect to my laptop (Mac) nothing other than android file transfer pops up

0 Likes