Original topic:

Dark Mode not working for Facebook and Microsoft Office Apps

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 01:08 AM)
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hi Samsung! Need your help with getting with the Developers to fix the following issues:

There's a bug preventing Dark Mode from being set on the Main Display of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 in the Facebook app. You can set it for the app on the Cover Display, but not the Main Display. The setting will not stick for the Main Display.

Also, wanted to let you guys know Dark Mode is NOT working in the Microsoft Office suite of apps on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Can you please work with Microsoft to help fix?

Thanks!
8 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold

report it to facebook and microsoft

Options
Galaxy Fold
I did that first. Samsung wanted it posted here as well. Normally I wouldn't put it here because it's a third party app issue, but it's what the Samsung Support Team wanted.
0 Likes
Philly76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Your right it's an app deal. I still don't have Facebook dark mode setting in the settings and privacy menu of Facebook app and Microsoft doesn't have it in mobile office yet either. You can go into Developer Options and Force Dark Mode on your phone and see if that works for you. If you don't know how to get to the Developer Options , cause it's hidden, just Google it.
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the option because I'm in the Beta program. I have the Developer Options enabled. You can use the Force Dark Mode option, but the problem is that it doesn't place nice with apps that block themeing in their code. Honestly, Dark Mode has been a feature since version 9.0 of Android and we're headed into version 12......... why they're dragging their feet with properly supporting this is just beyond me. I feel like it's an oversight with Microsoft. Facebook just seems to be a bug between the Cover and Main Screens. They all really need to get on the ball and put it in the public release too.
MikeC86
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
You can use Facebook in the browser instead of the app. Then turn on dark mode. Same with messenger.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes, thank you. Just need to get the Developers on top of fixing their apps.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.