Original topic:

Delayed notifications on Galaxy Z Fold 3

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 11:36 AM)
NeoXGenesis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Anyone else noticing a delay on notifications on their phones? For example when I unlock my door with August App it has a long delay before I get a notification. Also emails, I get a long delay on my email notifications. Another issue also is google duo videos it pixelates when I video call someone and the brightness at night is messed up. It's too dark compared to my Note20 ultra.

userruL6TqZlUx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have the same issue with wifi. There is definitely a connection issue on these devices.

0 Likes
Ipooped2day1072
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I got my phone a week ago and I only get notifications if I unlock it. It's really annoying. And some still don't pull up even after I unlock it
0 Likes
Ipooped2day1072
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
My apps are not in deep sleep and all notifications are on I still miss them.
0 Likes
userY5dqLC9k6S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have also not been receiving any notifications. I have rifled through the settings....all of them. No luck. Even worse if I'm using the phone.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how important it can be to receive notification in a timely manner. Does this happen with stock apps or only third party apps?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
NeoXGenesis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
This happens on all of my apps. Either stock or third-party apps. I've had this issue since the release of the phone.
0 Likes
Jasohug
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I also get these problems across all my apps, some days my phone will act fine and other days I'll get notifications for things from 3 hours ago, if any at all during the day
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold

I can see how this can be frustrating. I recommend that you make sure your phone is up to date on its software. I recommend that you clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.
0 Likes
ElectricTraveler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I'm having the same issue, galaxy fold 2, on sprint(tmobile). some notifications hit 2 hours late

0 Likes
userzMuW3xTHZk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Samsungs and android phones (Not an actual phone - it is device) are experimental. You can check notifications only at the end of the day. If you need real push notifications you have to buy iphone. iphone is not experimental. It is a cell phone. I made a mistake and bought samsung fold 3. It is folding well but push notifications are random. For exmaple : Thieves can rub your home. You don't get your home's security camera push notification on time. BUT YOU CAN UNFOLD YOUR PHONE and watch how thieves rubbed your home after one hour late notifications. I made a mistake I switched from iphone X to galaxy fold 3. But I am missing all important notifications EVERYDAY. To get late notifications I paid $2400 unfortunately. They are not going to fix it because it is not samsung related. It is android related issue. Iphone and ios same company. iphone notifications works out of box. You don't have to waste your time to change settings to get immediate push notifications on iphone. Because iphone is not an experimental phone like all android phones. Sorry for all android users. LATE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS are not fixable on android. I tried every possible settings to save $2400 investment. NO WAY. Just ANDROID. You have to miss important notifications everyday. Buying even older iphone 6 would save your life. iPhone real push notifications. Iphone doesnt have a forum discussing late notifications. Sorry Samsung. High Tech Samsung --> Late Push notifications. 

0 Likes