Original topic:

Delayed or no notifications

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 8:26 PM)
userqFp7b5awZd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

So I have tiredlessly searched for more than a year now for answers on this.  In have tried everything out there in every forum and YouTube video.  I had a note 10 before the Z Fold 2 and had the same issues.  I am so frustrated that I almost want to try an iPhone (that is so awful).  Sometimes notifications are fine, other times they are non existent.  Sometimes they are delayed 15-20 minutes, sometimes it is 5 hours or more.  Sometimes I click on a notification and the app open fine, sometime the app finally opens 4 hours later.  This is everything from the Google news app to the NFL app.  Most importantly, an app called Life Reminders that in have been using for close to 5 years.  In have used it to function for work and personal tasks, but it is now useless because 80% of the time, I never get a notification.  The only thing I haven't tried is rooting my phone.  SAMSUNG, PLEASE HELP!  I don't know that this is specifically a Samsung issue, but you would think they would want to understand it.  There must be some way to tell what is blocking notifications from coming through.

0 Likes
13 Replies
userqFp7b5awZd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

So after finding some people talking about their fitbit devices possibly being a root cause of this, I decided to unpair my Samsung S3 Frontier last night and try going without it for the day.  Notifications and everything have been working perfectly fine so far today!  It is a pain, because I use my watch constantly to keep track of steps, water intake, snooze notifications (when they work), etc.  I am happy to be getting the notifications on the phone now, but this needs to be fixed Samsung!

0 Likes
Cindernana
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
that is so interesting I use a Fitbit as well and have random problems I'm going to try it
0 Likes
userqFp7b5awZd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Update, the problems are all back after a day and a half.  I haven't reconnected my watch, so I don't understand how that miraculously fixed things for a short time.  So frustrating.

Cindernana
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
I hadn't tried disconnecting my Fitbit yet but that is really strange that it worked and then just stopped
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

I feel like this is a problem with your actual device because I have not seen other people reporting it. Have you tried calling Samsing support? 

0 Likes
userqFp7b5awZd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

There are people talking about this all over these forums, across devices for the past 5 years or more.  If you google it, there are people talking about it all over.  I don't think this is device or Samsung related.  My S9 had the same problems and when I got my new Fold 2, I transfered everything over.  Now I have gone as far as a full reset and start from scratch rather than transfer settings.  There has to be a way to monitor log files to see what is keeping the notifications from coming through.

Now that I have "White Glove Service" with my new flagship phone, I do plan on reaching out to Samsung.

0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

Makes sense. I have only had my phone since November so I have not followed this forum very long so did not realize it was wide spread.

0 Likes
Cindernana
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
and the crazy thing is mine is on Verizon and it doesn't matter if I try to use Verizon messages or Samsung messages my husband who has is a note 10 and I cannot text each other because I will not get them from here but if I use Google messages they don't have an issue. But now that Android 11 is out my Google messages won't keep the ringtone it keeps defaulting back every time. I am just so disappointed that I have a $2,000 phone and I can't even get a text messaging program from my provider or from the phone maker to work correctly
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

I think (?) if you are both using Google messages and have ete encryption turned on (chat features) then messages between you will not show up in other chat clients (Samsung messages, Verizon Messages)

0 Likes