JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Digitizer on front screen

(Topic created: 03-26-2023 10:52 AM)
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just wondering if and why not Samsung hasn't included a digitizer on the front screen, allowing the pen to be used on both screens? 

Seems a little counter productive to the whole powerhouse of productivity title, the company is trying to achieve. Not to mention, I think a lot more professionals would flock to the device even faster. It's a chore and extra steps when, to take a note, while on a call I have to fully open the device, every time.. Far more important that a lot of superficial cosmetic changes, for those that have no allegiance to Samsung devices and the ecosystem. 

Just one consumer. I owned and purchased every single note model and only switched to the fold when s pen became compatible. But I don't know if I will honestly upgrade, until a digitizer has been included on the cover display. 
11 Replies
LandenJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I imagine this issue will be fixed with the Z Fold 4
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
One would hope so. But I don't know. Only time will tell.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
They have to keep some feature for the next phone sale
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Mnnn, I thought of that also(just trying to examine all). But the thing is, and how do I say this: "when you take a step forward, don't take 10 steps back".

I get that some things, like IP ratings, are going to take a hit, simply because of the form factor. But things like, what I'm speaking of, I guess, if that is the case, they shouldn't be surprised if their sales lag. I realize I am only one consumer, but I'm a long time consumer. There are many of us that depend on the Samsung ecosystem for not only enjoyment, but for our livelihood. I don't have time for games(to be blunt). I don't think this is something they should be playing buying games with. I guess that's my point.

They expect us to pay these prices, give us some technology features fully implemented, and not half cocked..

And for the love of all that's sane, stop coming out with great software apps, only to cut them, after we have incorporated them into our workflow- yes I'm still hot under the collar about clip notes(Samsung you will always be under my skin for this one, as this was one of the most clever apps I have ever seen, only to have it dropped)..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's more like
You can take 10 steps forward, but you only take 1 step forward
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Not at the prices they're asking. If it were a 1000.00 device, ok.OK.. But 2 grand.. Come on... lol I mean really..

I do get your point, but it's one of economic scalability. The more you demand, the more you have to supply..

I don't mind paying the price. But you have to give the goods. Otherwise, why I am I spending my funds on what you are offering, versus using that money on some toy or piece of equipment for something else..
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

SirBilliam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just wanted to makena post requesting that Samsung add S Pen support to the outer screen on the upcoming Z Fold 5. I understand that it was likely not included previously due to space constraints or some other engineering reason, but I fully believe Samsung's engineers are capable of a solution to this issue. The S Pen Fold edition is an extremely useful tool for productivity, but having to unfold the device to use now only takes extra effort, but also means you will be using more of your battery life, which any Fold user knows is much shorter when using the nice large screen. I personally always keep Protect Battery on to ensure maximum longevity of my battery, so this is an even greater concern for me. It would be amazing if I could use my pen to do tasks on the outer screen, like editing photos or writing quick notes. Also, having a way to store the pen in/on the phone without a case would be AMAZING! Internal like the Note series or external magnets like the Galaxy Tabs. Please like and comment if you agree so Samsung can see this! 
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the Samsung case with the pen holder.
It would be nice if I could pull the pen out to write quick notes on the front screen the way I used to be able to do on my Samsung note Phone.