JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Digitizer on front screen

(Topic created: 07-06-2022 05:18 PM)
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just wondering if and why not Samsung hasn't included a digitizer on the front screen, allowing the pen to be used on both screens? 

Seems a little counter productive to the whole powerhouse of productivity title, the company is trying to achieve. Not to mention, I think a lot more professionals would flock to the device even faster. It's a chore and extra steps when, to take a note, while on a call I have to fully open the device, every time.. Far more important that a lot of superficial cosmetic changes, for those that have no allegiance to Samsung devices and the ecosystem. 

Just one consumer. I owned and purchased every single note model and only switched to the fold when s pen became compatible. But I don't know if I will honestly upgrade, until a digitizer has been included on the cover display. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Will always support anyone who suggests this "strong oversight"!

I don't know how, on a productivity device, this was overlooked. It's soo annoying at this point, that unless this is on the new device, I see no reason to upgrade...
0 Likes
SirBilliam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
They did so much right with the Fold 4 by adjusting the screen aspect ratios for easier usage, but I don't think it was an oversight. Rather, it was likely an engineering issues due to space constraints. Since foldables have kept improving, I'm hopeful they will be able to pull it off. The only couple major things I can think of that would make me upgrade to the 5 w/o front screen s pen usage would be a bigger battery and/or integrated pen storage (either inside the device like the Note or external magnets like that Galaxy Tabs)
0 Likes