Original topic:

Directors view no longer shows front facing camera after latest software update

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 07:20 PM)
Sybilishere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a Samsung Galaxy Z fold 3. My front facing camera no longer shows up when I turn on "Directors View" video mode after the latest software update last week. It only shows the rear-facing camera.  Is anyone else have experiencing this problem?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Fold
Go to settings on your phone find the application called apps Once you open that see if you can find camera Clear cache and data Then go back to camera reopened it should fix that problem Let me know
Sybilishere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I did what you told me to do. Thank you. I do see myself now on the front facing camera while using Directors View, but only on on the smaller screen of my phone when I have the phone folded closed.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold

are you talking about the inner screen camera?? if so that never had any option other than Camera and Video I think.... I may be wrong, but that's how I recall it being.

As for the selfi-cam on the outside display, that should have all the features just like the rear camera.

Check that Camera app is updated fully, and if that cache and data clear doesn't help.... then submit error report to Samsung Members app after reproducing the issue.

please share the device's model number, software version and the camera app version. thanks

Sybilishere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I don't see myself while using Directors View when I have my phone open. So I guess that's how it setup to work. Thanks.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold

so, to clarify... when you say you have your 'phone open', you are referring to the phone in unfolded state, yes??

If so, then it's just as I said in the initial comment. the selfi camera for the inner display is not meant to have all the features like the camera on the cover (outer) display. The camera under the inner display is covered up too much to function properly for all the features so you can only take simple pictures and videos. 

If you want to use director's view you'll need to use the selfi-cam on the outer display while the phone is in a folded state

Sybilishere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying and confirming that the selfie camera only works on the outer display. 🙂
0 Likes