Original topic:

Does Ram plus improve performance?

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 06:26 PM)
SWVader113
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Does ram plus actually improve performance. Heard several conflicting views and not sure what to believe. With oneui 5 around the corner, should I disable it.

9 Replies
7f7f7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
:warning:
0 Likes
SWVader113
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
?
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
RAM+ was originally designed for the mid-range devices. Then Samsung decided they should push it to other devices, like the higher end, which do NOT need it. For those devices, it's mostly a marketing thing.

It's no different than virtual RAM on a desktop or laptop. We've been running Linux on our desktops and laptops, which have plenty of RAM, without V-RAM , with no side effects.

Our S22's and S21's don't need RAM+

There are countless articles out there suggesting how to disable it on the upper end devices.
SWVader113
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
So its pointless on flagship like z fold 3
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Seriously doubt you'll ever notice any performance improvement.
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Exactly ... on the high end devices, it's just a sales gimmick. Why it's now an option.
Solution
Mustangbob
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
No virtual ram will actually slow your device down if you go above 4GB try it out and see how glitchy it is
floydvoid
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
First thing I done after receiving the Ui5 update on my 22U was disable Ram+. It's not necessary on the higher end sam phones.
Mike079
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
You disable ram+ like it's going to die the phone down or something lol that's funny.
0 Likes