JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ESIM compatibility issue for Fold 4

(Topic created: 12-27-2022 06:36 AM)
Chinmay123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I tried to add an version esim in my fold 4 special edition phone but surprisingly it did not recognize this phone for esim support 

11 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Fold
What region did you buy it from?
• N: Korea
• U/U1: USA/USVI/Puerto Rico
• W: Canada
• 0: China/Hong Kong/Taiwan
• B: All other regions
0 Likes
Chinmay123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
USA
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Buying in the US doesn't necessarily mean it supports carriers here unless you bought it from Samsung or carrier. B/N/etc models can be bought off eBay or other sellers. If phone is U/U1, contact Verizon. It also depends on the carrier to configure eSim on any phone with the feature. Two years ago, t-mobile configured eSim on my international Note 20. Still works today.
0 Likes
Chinmay123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have purchased it from Samsung only .It is unlocked device but my phone is not getting recognized as a esim device ,I contacted both Samsung and Verizon several times. There's no solution with a premium service agreement with Samsung yet not received any solution. I am thinking of take the matter to judiciary.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Go settings > About phone. You should see two IMEI numbers, one for physical SIM and another for eSIM. If both are there, Verizon is trying to force you into buying from them.
0 Likes
Solution
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Some carriers only support ESIM for iPhone currently. You have to check with your carrier
Chinmay123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Career selling fold 4 even i connected to Career they're saying to connect to samsung
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
I used eSIM on my Pixel 5 however I needed to contact T-Mobile first

0 Likes
Chinmay123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I purchased this in usa and version itself selling fold 4