JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facebook red dot notification does not appear on any Facebook icon from the screens - Galaxy Z Fold3

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 02:43 AM)
Totemg2000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

If I have notifications on Facebook, I can only see the red dot showing them only if I enter into/open up the application itself. It does not show on any Facebook icon on the screen, either small or large screen. I allowed all notifications for Facebook, I took the application from saving battery, but the red dot still does not appear on the screen icon. Any idea why and any suggestions on how to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

I understand. Here are some additional steps provided by Facebook to try when you aren't receiving notifications.

1. Click the down arrow in the top right of Facebook.
  2. Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
  3. Click Notifications on the left.
  4. Click to adjust how you get notifications and what you get notified about.

You will ee the categories, such as Comments, Tags, Reminders, etc. When you select a category, make sure it is turned on and has the option of Push turned on. 

Some additional steps they recommend are the following:

If your settings are ok and you are still not getting notifications, here are a few things to try:
- Log out of Facebook by clicking the arrow on the top right corner and click "Logout";
- Clear cache, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/;
- Make sure you're using the most updated version of the app;
- Restart your phone;
- Uninstall and reinstall the app,

Also, make sure that you're connected to a safe Wi-Fi network and that the connection is stable.

If it isn't, try again when you have a better connection.

If you're still having difficulties using this feature, let Facebook know by following the instructions on the Help Center:

https://www.facebook.com/help/186570224871049/?ref=u2u

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold

not sure about ALL the notifications, but it shows the little bubble things if you receive messages in FB. Is this what you were looking for?

I don't think FB has a feature to show the little dot for every notification 😕

Update: try this... 

Go to settings > notification > advanced settings > app icon badge > switch from # to dot

I think this will now enable you to see all the notifications even if it's not a message or of that sort

If none of this helps, then I suggest you submit an error report to Samsung Members after attempting to recreate the issue. I just waited a few min for update feeds and other notifications to stack up).

0 Likes
Totemg2000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your reply! I tried your solution and I was so excited, as it worked... but only for the first time. After seeing the first notifications, it did not show anything anymore.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

I understand. Here are some additional steps provided by Facebook to try when you aren't receiving notifications.

1. Click the down arrow in the top right of Facebook.
  2. Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
  3. Click Notifications on the left.
  4. Click to adjust how you get notifications and what you get notified about.

You will ee the categories, such as Comments, Tags, Reminders, etc. When you select a category, make sure it is turned on and has the option of Push turned on. 

Some additional steps they recommend are the following:

If your settings are ok and you are still not getting notifications, here are a few things to try:
- Log out of Facebook by clicking the arrow on the top right corner and click "Logout";
- Clear cache, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/;
- Make sure you're using the most updated version of the app;
- Restart your phone;
- Uninstall and reinstall the app,

Also, make sure that you're connected to a safe Wi-Fi network and that the connection is stable.

If it isn't, try again when you have a better connection.

If you're still having difficulties using this feature, let Facebook know by following the instructions on the Help Center:

https://www.facebook.com/help/186570224871049/?ref=u2u

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. Just to clarify are you referring to a notification light not changing colors when you receive a Facebook notification?

0 Likes
Totemg2000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

No, I am referring to red bubble or red dot that usually appears on Facebook icon from your screen, when you received likes, for example. You know that somebody liked your post because you see this red filled circle on Facebook icon. If smb liked 3 posts of you on Facebook, this will show no. 3 in the red bubble. So when you see this, you know you have reaction and get into the Facebook application to see who it was. Well, on my Z Fold 3, Facebook icon form both displays (cover display or inside large display) never shows the red dot/bubble/circle(whatever you call it) on top of Facebook icon. It looks like nothing happened, but if I click and open the FB application, I can see I have 3 notifications, showing the red bubble with no. 3 on the bell icon of Fb. I hope it is clear now, sorry, English is not my first language. 🙂

0 Likes