JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request: Fully customisable keyboard layout

(Topic created: 12-31-2021 11:08 PM)
Samsung_UhtpscQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I understand that this is probably going to be the sort of thing that affects less than 1% of the userbase, but is there any chance we could get a fully customisable keyboard layout on the Samsung Keyboard, please? The option to customise the symbols already exists, so I imagine that it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to make a new menu and implement this.

My use case is the Colemak-DH layout - normally I'd just use a third party keyboard like SwiftKey or GBoard and call it a day, but the third party keyboards lack the customisation options to let the keyboard be split in the main screen but not on the cover / S-Pen handwriting recognition doesn't work with them.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Samsung_UhtpscQ Samsung's Keys Cafe will let you customize the Samsung keyboard. Have you tried it out?

Samsung_UhtpscQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

This is exactly what I needed - I had zero clue that Samsung had separate apps for customising built-in features. (Nor did the chat support mention this.) Thanks you so much!

EDIT: Oh, it does seem to be a little broken in that the custom keyboard layout only works on the main screen when the split mode isn't being used, and not at all on the cover screen. Hopefully that gets addressed in an update at some point.

0 Likes
DavZell
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
It works on the front screen. Like many things, you have different settings for keyboard for inner and outer screens. Just go into keys cafe while on the outer screen and select the keyboard you want, and it will apply when your phone is closed.
0 Likes
Samsung_UhtpscQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Oh yeah - I realised that and was going to update my comment but then forgot. I also managed to set it up as a split keyboard by adding two columns of symbols in the middle - thanks for the help!

0 Likes