JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Floating apps are causing screen to freeze, swipe gestures sometimes work but taps do not

(Topic created: 01-04-2023 04:19 AM)
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Ever since I downloaded android 13 and one ui 5.0 on my Samsung fold 4, I've had some super annoying issues. Whenever I use a floating app such as YouTube or Google meet, I cannot no longer tap anything on my screen. Swipe gestures sometimes still work, but taps are mostly nullified.

8 Replies
Solution
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Restart, go into bootloader, select "repair apps"and then, after that's done select "clear cache".

See if that works for you.
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Having same issue! I have to swipe my notification panel down to unfreeze the screens I'm on... turned off ram plus, cleared cache from bootloader, I will try the repair apps part and report back, but so far this new update making phone almost unusable.
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
So far the repair apps has worked but will give it a day or two and see if it holds up!
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Lol.. No fears.. I have used that so many times over the years after updates. I pretty much just do it as a "default" after major OS and UI updates. Haven't had a single problem since..
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Back to not working, lasted 2 days. Have to pull notifications down to make apps and pages go to where you tapped or they won't work.. only thing that fixes is restart. I think this update is broken. How do we get someone to fix it, because makes the z fold 4 very hard to use 😟
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hmm. That is strange. I would think app incompatibility to be honest. I know it sounds strange, but I had that issue with doordash app. It didn't have that problem at first, but recently I cannot keep it on the phone, and it's very repeatable. Once i take the app off the device and restart, it's fine again.

I would suggest going through your non Samsung apps to be honest.. I know it's a pain, but, it's the only way to isolate the culprit.
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Now that you mention it Doordash does that on mine as well, horribly optimized. I wonder if it's causing issues across the board. Thank you for the input, mostly appreciated! Maybe one day they will optimize it better
rsngfrce
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am having a similar issue with my Note20 Ultra since the Android 13 update. This is obviously a SAMSUNG issue and they need to deal with it quick.
0 Likes