Original topic:

Fold 2 inner screen protector

(Topic created on: 12/5/20 8:45 PM)
ChicoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
What are you all doing about this horrible inner screen protector experience? Mine feels like rubber, keeps finger oil and moisture hindering the experience greatly. At times I feel as if I am interacting with a resistive touch screen... 

I am eager to remove mine and use naked as I do with all of my devices; Tab S6, N20U, N10+, however the screen protector on my Fold 2 already shows small scratches... I would hate to have those permanently on my Fold2!

So, what are you guys doing?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

I also am getting small scuffs / scratches, especially on the lower right from scrolling. And yes the feel is rubbery. Is it just me or does the outer screen protector seem more normal? 

ChicoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
The outside screen most definitely has a much better feel than the inner screen, sadly. I purchased a Whitestone dome for the outside and have yet to apply it. I did for my N20U and it was a bit of a pain to install and there are still 2 bubbles left after 3 weeks... Lol.

I love my Fold 2. The inner screen protector is a mess though, lol. With that said, I'd rather have the scratches on the screen protector instead of the actual screen. I'm interested in a solution for the inside. Many who have removed the protector praise the after affect; screen is more vibrant, screen feels "normal."

Was hoping someone here had experience with an aftermarket screen protector.
ThePastaShooter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the Fold 1 and same issue but with less scratches than the finger prints. I just use a electronic wipe from Best Buy to clean the screen. it's helped some but I can't rid those pesky permanently looking swipe marks from scrolling and area where I tap codes in for certain apps. not horribly visible 80% of the time. I use my Fold 1 for daily use since it came out. I still love it.
ChicoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm cool with the micro scratches on the protector, I can't imagine having them permanently on the screen itself:face_screaming_in_fear: There has to be a better solution for an inner screen protector. it is the Fold 2's main hindrance.

How's your OG Fold holding up? As far as build quality, are you happy with its durability?
ThePastaShooter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
so far great. I mean like any phone it's noticeably being used. Little to no dust, the crease is the same as it was out of the box- no additional issues. I've accidentally dropped it several times and freaked out but zero breakage, no dents even with the cheesie 'cover' that came with it. works perfectly, no slowness, fast as it was day one. Just the finger prints on the screen. using dark mode helps but you know? you get used to it and forget it's there on the screen.
0 Likes
ThePastaShooter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
additionally, the Fold still has that nice snap sound when closing it. No grinding sounds like I've had seen on some YT videos.
0 Likes
ChicoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's great to hear. It gives me greater confidence when thinking about the longevity of my Fold2 (long time Note user). The Fold 2 does have the brush sound when closing and then the snap due to the magnets. Are you considering a Fold2 or even its next iteration?
0 Likes