cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Fold 2 issue: black spot on lower left front screen and Bixby Vision update issues

Dear Samsung,

I've purchased my fold 2 on 22nd September 2020 and have been carefully using it ever since. This morning I've realized that there is a black spot on the lower left of the front screen. I've not drop the phone or put any thing on top of the phone, so this should not be happening to it. It's annoying and frustrating to see an expensive flagship phone has such issue. 

In separate post, I've mentioned after the update of bixby vision through Galaxy Store, it says "couldn't check for updates" and bounced back to previous Menu or Camera page. I've tried uninstalled and reinstalled Bixby vision but the issue still remains. I'm a frequent Bixby vision user, I'm disappointed and frustrated to see such issue happened to my flagship phone. Tried Samsung Members but it said "Samsung Members isn't supported in this country". FYI, I'm staying in Hong Kong.

Please advise how to solve and proceed. Thank you.

Andrew

20201117_112245.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Asteroid

Re: Fold 2 issue: black spot on lower left front screen and Bixby Vision updat..

that's crazy that little spot looks like it's almost a place where you could drag it up or out for a shortcut
Asteroid

Re: Fold 2 issue: black spot on lower left front screen and Bixby Vision updat..

The scary thing is, when I've visited a Samsung mobile shop today, the technician advise me to quickly bring my fold 2 to Samsung customer service center for a replacement, because the "black spot" will expand 😱

Asteroid

oh snap
Asteroid

Wow, after I read your post, I closed my Fold 2 to check and thankfully I didn't see a spot. Based on the picture it seems exactly how a cracked screen would look (with the ink flowing out like that) Samsung will probably take care of it as they don't want any bad rep with their new flagship phone.
Asteroid

Hi Matt12786,

No crack, no drop and not even finger poke as I've put on a thick bumber frame. The staff from Samsung customer service center confirmed it's not physical damaged because the original screen protector on top has no mark at all. It's a defect screen. 

The staff said although it's a defected screen, but they can only change the screen without replacing the phone. And since I purchased the phone outside HK, I had to pay for the screen replacement and loose my warranty. 

I've been using Samsung Galaxy Ss to Notes and to Fold entirely, I'm feeling disappointed to see such an expensive flagship phone defected and lost my warranty after less than 2 months. Can you feel me?