Original topic:

Fold 3 App Default Sounds

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 08:14 AM)
userOagmsVcX0n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

so I just got the Fold 3 yesterday... I've searched YouTube and read another post here for changing individual app notification sounds but they are all just the built in default sounds like I can't find where to set snapchat etc. to their own app default sounds not phone sounds... what gives?

0 Likes
10 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
For some apps, you have to change the notification from within the app settings
0 Likes
userOagmsVcX0n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

yes i read and found where to change the sounds for each app on its own but that only lets me pick the sounds that are on the phone the generic ones its not the original sound that snapchat app itself makes... I can pick from the whole list of sounds from the fold 3 list but nothing is the sound that snapchat used to make on my S9+ …. like how Facebook messenger makes its own unique sound from getting a message on messenger and text can be whatever I set text to .. snapchat doesn't make the "snapchat sounds" its the same as text / generic notification

Also I just checked inside Snapchat itself in the in app notification settings they are all just check boxes for yes get this notification when x happens or unchecked for nothing happens not able to pick a specific sound

0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Be sure that all say "app provided sound" To get there do app info- notifications- and under messaging select the ones you want to change the sound to.Screenshot_20211008-113816_Settings_280.jpg
0 Likes
userOagmsVcX0n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Screenshot_20211008-111138_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211008-111153_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211008-111159_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211008-111238_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211008-111244_SecSoundPicker.jpg

0 Likes
userOagmsVcX0n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

nothing says "app provided sound" 

0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling. My phone is unlocked. Appears your is a Verizon phone. It's also possible Verizon blocked that function, if reinstalling does not fix it
0 Likes
userOagmsVcX0n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

it doesn't matter which section of notifications i click on ... anything that lets me get to a "choose sound" doesn't have app specific as an option under it 

0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm working on mine now, trying to replicate the issue. I will report back
0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
So once I changed my notification to a Samsung one, it no longer let me go back the the app supplied notification sound. I went and cleared the app cache and data. Now I'm waiting for a friend to snap me back to see if the notification starts back working properly. Seems it will.
0 Likes