JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 4 RCS issues.

(Topic created: 10-03-2022 11:19 AM)
user5vmLUN6ZkO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? RCS is enabled in Google messages, shows provided by AT&T.

Read reciepts, typing animation. None of the RCS features appear to work. Tried the same on Samsung messages, same result. I saw post earlier in the year with similar problems for the S22, and that AT&T was making changes, but nothing more recent. 

I've cleared all data cache and storage. I even went to Google site to disconnect the phone/number from RCS and attempted to add it back. 

Assuming the issue is the fact the fold 4 is running on AT&T servers for Googles RCS features instead of Jibe servers provided by Google. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Fold

Possibly because RCS for android is not cross carriers? 

submit an error report on SSM after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Fold

Possibly because RCS for android is not cross carriers? 

submit an error report on SSM after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

Ludatyk
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Major carriers support RCS AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
0 Likes
Ludatyk
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Well, I haven't used RCS in a few days... but looking at it now, it seems to functional. I'm on AT&T by the way.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
Your assessment is correct and the reason why it's not working on AT&T. On ATT, RCS will not work with other androids that do not show provided by ATT under the chat features even if the other user is using ATT service. My friend and her entire family uses ATT and bought their phones through ATT. All latest phones. Fold 4, S22Ultra, Pixel, and Flip. They all show provided by Jibe and have no issue until when trying the message me. Very strange.
ATT hijacked the google messages app and now it's unstable and does not work properly. ATT keeps saying their going to fix it and the date keeps getting pushed back. It was by September 2022. Now it's Nov 2022.
SolidBoss7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same issue on my ATT Fold4. Kind of a bummer since I was so used to iMessage and at least wanted something similar foe my Android friends now that I made the switch
0 Likes
userZFx2JukmX6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the exact same issue