JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 4 black screen after 11 days of use

(Topic created: 10-05-2022 10:55 AM)
jimmy_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Does anyone has the same issue? I have made visit to one of the authorized repairs centers and the technician told me their device can't even read the phone. I have discussed the issue with Samsung representative thru the online chat, they suggested me to return it. However,  returning a phone with all my  personal data on it does not sounds safe to me. Any thought or suggestion?

5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Back it up using Smart Switch, then do a factory reset, then send it in, or bring to a local authorized service center
0 Likes
jimmy_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

The problem is the screen turned black and device won't turn on after that. Tried soft starting it but still no response.

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
tl;dr ... phone went blank for about 8 eight hours ...

I put the s21 on counter-top (screen still on) and walked away - came back less than a minute.

The screen was black - as if the phone was powered off! Tapped the screen, tapped side buttons - nothing!

Double-tapped the Side button and the flashlight came on, so knew it was running.

Plugged it into the desktop, fired up Smart Switch - it recognized the s21 and asked for unlock. S21 is set for fingerprints, so touched screen - accepted it.

So backed it up, in case we had to do a factory reset. After the backup, S.S. showed an update available, so I figured, it's not working now, maybe the update will fix it. It didn't, but interesting I did the backup and update "blindly" 🙂

I then tried to use Dex, but it wanted a Pin, so that didn't work.

About 4pm (screen went black about 8am), was sitting on the couch with the phone lying next to me, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a phone screen light up ... it was the s21 ! Magically, the screen started working again, and has been back to normal since then.

Might try Smart Switch and see if the phone responds
jimmy_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Try SmartSwitch, unfortunately it doesn't detect the phone.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We understand how disappointing it is to be unable to use your phone because of a black screen.

If your phone or tablet displays only a black screen, there are a few things you can check to determine the cause of the problem. For example, your device's battery might be dead, or maybe it just needs to be reset.

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001470/ 

If the screen will still not turn on, we would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html