Original topic:

Fold 5 suggestion and customer ideas.

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 03:31 AM)
TmR1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Looking at change from fold 3 to fold 4 and how much better the user experience got by just changing the screen sizes a bit.

Now looking at the xiaomi fold 2. I have to say xiaomi has naled it on the screen sizes. The outer screen is a little narrower than on the note 20,s22 ultra and for the fold being also a little thicker i have to say it the perfect size to make the phone. With that you also get a bigger inner screen, and bigger inner screen is always better.

Me personally I dont mind the thickness of the galaxy fold so that is not an issue. Also the weight for me is not the question, I would eaven say the thickness and weight makes the phone feel more solid, like a tank that goes through everything. But the screen sizes should be on bar with xiaomi. And you would have the perfect foldable.

Rather than reducing the thickness i would like to see an 6000mAh battery to use this power house all day long.

Also a bigger camera grease would be okay if it would come with better cameras.

12 Replies
Tuanming
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Agree with thicker camera sizes (100x zoom) and larger battery.

I would like to add do a better job on the under screen camera and make it 10 or 12MP.

Integrate under display sonic finger print reader.
0 Likes
TmR1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Awsome ideas, all on point!

What do you think of the screen sizes?

0 Likes
Tuanming
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
At the moment, I don't have a problem with the screen size since this is my first fold phone. I guess a little wider wouldn't hurt.
0 Likes
ZeusD
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree with the above suggestions, and also add, allow the pen to be used on the cover display. It should have been on the 4 honestly.

But i would say, larger display size(inner and outer), larger battery(yes, make it a bit thicker and heavier if needed, but at least 5000 to 5500 at least), and pen capabilities on both displays(you will find, i believe, more note converts by doing this), which will allow you to not need to open the main display, to do basic pen functions.

Ludatyk
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Imo, the Fold should not have a large cover screen if it sacrifices one handed usage. I like the idea of using the Fold with one hand when folded and two hands when unfolded.

But I think the most important issue Samsung need to address is the crease... since that's what reviewers tend to bring up.
0 Likes
TmR1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Ludatyk thats why i pointed out the width being less then that of a s22 ultra, which is one hand usable.

0 Likes
Ludatyk
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree that the Fold 4 cover screen needs slight more width, but I disagree it needs the same width as the Xiaomi Fold 2 which you also mention.

I don't think Samsung touches the cover display width on the Fold 5 since they already made it slightly wider already on the Fold 4. I think they address the crease and overall bulkiness of the phone.

We all want everything all it once lol, but its all about gradual improvements.
0 Likes
Hallzz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree with larger or longer inner screen and longer lasting battery. As a woman though, my biggest frustration with my fold, is that because I have nails, it can be hard to open the phone. Maybe some sort of grip on both edges or a sort of divot that would allow for a better grasp on the edges to open. I always worry that I'm going to damage the inner screen because I have to use my nails to get in between and open.
0 Likes
Ludatyk
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Well, it has some type of barrier when you close the Fold to avoid touching the screen. For me, the sides are slippery.. I'm on the hunt for a skin to help with it.

I'm not a female nor do I have long nails lol. But on occasion I open my Fold with my nails.. but only to pry it open and let my fingers do the rest.
0 Likes