cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Fold gestures are inaccessible in landscape mode...

Problem :

- When in landscape mode, the gesture hints show at the bottom, as usual, but actually happen, with the touch feedback, on the right, where the hints are in Portrait mode.
I feel like I'm not the only one, anybody else with this issue? The gestures here

- This one is a big gripe, why in the world did they reduce the finder search bar in landscape mode to a small and ridiculously hard to click button on the top right below the finder settings? It completely defeats the purpose of the quick finder. What were they thinking.. Is it possible to restore how it was? Here's the new button. 

Annoyances :

How do I make the multi-window handle disappear on the side while keeping it active ? You could previously activate the multi-window from anywhere on the right side of the phone and I found this approach a lot more useful. Is it gone forever?

Thanks for the help if you have any solution.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Android 10 problems on the Fold

One of the main features of Android10 and one ui2.1 is the new gesture navigation (uses side swipes for back button) if you switch to this setup, the navigation button issue is resolved, but it becomes necessary for the. multi handle to exist

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Android 10 problems on the Fold

Thank you for the reply. 

A couple of things :

1) That setup doesn't solve the issue as, even if I were to put the navigation buttons in the side, they overlap the multi-window handle on the right which is a clear sign that this isn't intended.

Screenshot_20200420-202150_Chrome.png

2) The core issue is that my navigation bar setup is simple and works in portrait mode but is completely messed up in landscape mode because the input that's supposed to happen on the bottom, happens on the sides of the screen. This is my biggest problem and I can't seem to find a solution, let alone people with the same problem. 

You can see it here

@Samsung_JE2dwOj 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Gesture Issue on Galaxy Fold

I still have the 3 button style gesture versus the one button gesture system. Why is this? https://photos.app.goo.gl/7X66NBa5q4ikgRVu5

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Gesture Issue on Galaxy Fold

You can change it. Go to settings>display>navigation bar>full screen gestures