JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Fold 3 Digitizer Not Responsive On Right Side To S Pen

(Topic created: 09-01-2021 11:53 AM)
Xplicit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Anyone having issues with the galaxy fold 3 being unresponsive to the s pen on the right side of fold screen? Pen will only write on the left side. U can hear audible writing noise as you pass the Pen on the screen, you can also access or draw anything with your fingers utilizing the whole screen, but only with the S pen it's unresponsive.  Tech support says it's maybe a bug that can be fixed with a software update and just hold onto it until then but I'm a little skeptical since this is the first gen of fold with a digitizer behind the screen and that being the fault for the problem but that's just my suspension and I could be wrong. Anyone has more info on this or knowledge of it? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
users9lHFc2zB7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I had the same issue so I tried booting into safe mode. There, the S-pen worked so therefore it had to be some kind of app compatibility issue. I rebooted back into normal mode, disabled all accessibility services ( I only had Bitwarden enabled) and uninstalled apps I was not using. I rebooted and now the S-pen works.

If you have any accessibility services enabled, try disabling them and reboot. If that does not work, try uninstalling apps you are not using.

View solution in context

8 Replies
userfJxa4g0q5R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Digitizer works fine on my model. Using S Pen Fold edition and silver 256GB Fold3
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold

The tech may or may not be right... and so could you. It's hard to tell if it's a software issue as the tech claimed or not... if you don't want to wait around for the update (which you could check with your carrier if it's coming up soon or not) you can take the phone to UBreakIFix and have then check for hardware defect. 

I don't know how good they will bein checking, it sort of depends on the technician/engineer checking it. 

I think it's better to hold on than try to get it replaced in the middle of supply shortage, you'll likely have to wait several weeks.

That being said, if you don't mind... could you share your device's model number and the software version?

0 Likes
Xplicit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Model Number SM-F926U1 and Software Version ONE UI VERSION 3.1.1
0 Likes
Xplicit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just went to bes buy and test out the s pen on the display fold 3 in the store. Used my s pen on both phones. The one with the white and red is lines made by my s pen on the bestbuy phone, the one with black background is s pen on my phone trying to do what was drawn on white display.Screenshot_20210902-193918_Samsung Notes.jpg20210902_193237_13437.jpg
zfoldme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm having the same issue, I may send it back, my wife has the same z fold 3 as I have but no issues. Theses kind of issues worry me that it was something they know about and shipped the phones anyway. Let's hope they have a fix for this soon I really like this phone, especially the s pen.
0 Likes
djmichaeljoseph
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm having the same issue. Using my finger or using one of those cheap rubber stylus everything works fine but using the s pen it is not recognizing correctly on the right side display. The red line is my finger, the blue line is a rubber tipped stylus and the black line is the z-fold stylus. Do you guys think it is a hardware issue or a software issue?S pen problems_210925_134855_7822.jpg
0 Likes
userFmDDhBrR1I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello my fellow Folders! 

I was getting this results on the right side.. But I found out the issue was because of my case. The screen was sensitive to the magnet. It took me a few days of figuring this out and I almost considered replacing it until I happened to try again while the case was off. I thought it was fixed until I put it on top of a leather case (not actually in it) as to protect it from scratches. And the problem came back. Hopefully this will help you and others that finds this post! 

Screenshot_20211013-145013_Sketchbook.jpg

Solution
users9lHFc2zB7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I had the same issue so I tried booting into safe mode. There, the S-pen worked so therefore it had to be some kind of app compatibility issue. I rebooted back into normal mode, disabled all accessibility services ( I only had Bitwarden enabled) and uninstalled apps I was not using. I rebooted and now the S-pen works.

If you have any accessibility services enabled, try disabling them and reboot. If that does not work, try uninstalling apps you are not using.