Original topic:

Galaxy Fold questions..

(Topic created on: 4/15/21 7:57 PM)
TrishaSeliya
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I am thinking of switching to the Galaxy Fold (original) since it is getting to a affordable price on Amazon, but i have a few questions about an updated Fold. Did the original Fold get updated to have Wireless Dex? Can you run two apps on the interior screen with the screen folded at 90 degrees? (or does the screen turn off at that angle?) Can you run windowed apps on the interior screen and move them around or is it stuck at opening 2 to 3 apps at a time? What is the maximum resolution that Dex can display out of it? Thanks for any help.

3 Replies
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
Very good questions. I had the first Fold and currently have the Fold 2. I highly recommend you skip the first Fold. To answer your first question I don't remember seeing Dex on my Fold. My Fold 2 has it. The first Fold can run multiple apps on the screen at the same time but you cannot bend the phone to 90 degrees like you can on the Fold 2. The hinge on the first Fold isn't nearly as advanced as the Fold 2. The first Fold can only be completely open or completely closed. A couple of reasons why I like the Fold 2 and don't regret upgrading is that you get pre-installed screen protectors on both the big and small displays because you WILL get scratches on both Fold 1 & Fold 2 but having that is a piece of mind. You also get a much better selection of accessories on the Fold 2. The Fold 2 does have a better refresh rate on the display. Keep in mind the high refresh rate is only the big display and not the small display. This last part might not mean much to you but it ment the world to me. The first Fold feels like **bleep** compared to the Fold 2 when holding the phone and overall using the device.
0 Likes
Bankstertrader
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Ya I love it except it is hard to handle in pockets you know.. its can very easily slip out and only want to drop this phone 0 times haha
0 Likes
Bankstertrader
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I love my fold 2! Best phone iv ever had.. samsung galaxy 5, 6, 8, 9 and a note.. this fold is bees nees.. I dont care what the critics say.. I use my fold for EVERYTHING and never will go back to that little screen again.. lol.. (they do need to make some cases for the phone though come on haha) $2000 and nothing.. Still worth every penny... had mine since 1st wk of Jan and still amazing!
0 Likes