cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Fold2 esim in the US

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung includes esim functionality in the spec of galaxy fold2 and it is been advertising, but no esim is available for the US version yet for this $2k phone. Does Samsung have any plan to update the firmware to support esim in the US? If so, is there any ETA? I would return this fold2 if Samsung has no plan for that even it was advertised.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Fold2 esim in the US

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm a z flip 5G user and have contacted samsung Z service couple times. What they said is that currently this function is not activated and they will release an update later. But they don't know when. So "later" can be next update, or forever...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
after reading some post for esim, I am absolutely loosing my hope. no reply or clear answers from Samsung at all. It seems like Samsung has no customer support team working here.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you have the z fold2 it may be better to contact that specific department. there is a special phone number within the members app specifically for those of us that have these devices. they would know better than anyone else.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
can I have a contact to the specific department?
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Fold2 esim in the US

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you have a Galaxy Z device Open the Members app on that device, click the Discover Exclusive benefits for Z owners like you, then scroll down and it will give you their specific number
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
great to know. thanks for the info.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I contactes support some time ago, and they said they would enable it in next update. so I am waiting too..
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Fold2 esim in the US

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I hope Samsung takes it seriously and provides a clear timeline. someone from support team doesn't guarantee the update.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Galaxy Fold2 esim in the US

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I believe I am as frustrated as you. I had not googled about this before buying phone and had been hoping to use esim +sim..
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
as expected, samsung did a firmware update of the fold 2, but no esim is included. the esim functionality was updated in September in Europe. I really hope Samsung clarify that they don't support esim in the US which is really bad.