Original topic:

Galaxy Z Fold 2 Honest feelings

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 11:53 AM)
Taylormade990
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I was in kind of in a place where I wasn't sure what I wanted to upgrade to. I at the time had the Note 10 + and let me tell you, I freaking loved it! I have been a Samsung user since the S2 (lost it in snow for 17 days before it was found, it was white.... stuck it in some rice and boom 6 days later it still worked, just some shorter battery life :grinning_face_with_sweat::grinning_face_with_sweat:). I was debating on upgrading to the Note 20 Ultra, or the Glaxy Z Fold 2. I had many conversations with a friend of mine on what we really wanted to go for.. She is also looking to upgrade to either of these phones, also a Note 10 + user. I've had the  S2, Note 5, S7 edge, S8, S9 +, Note 9, up until recently the Note 10 +. I have had some other devices, even....Apple (it really is a great phone, but I'm more at home with android and the endless customization, and optimization). I really love the Samsung and Android cohesion, way more than Android on other devices. Anyways we both hadn't really decided, so pulled the trigger and upgraded. I bought the Galaxy Z Fold 2 December 21, 2020, and received it the 23rd. I didn't disclose to my friend on what option I had chosen, I just kep telling her that I had finally upgraded when she asked what I got :face_with_tears_of_joy:. During many of our conversations we outweighed the pro's and con's of both the Note 20 Ultra and the Z Fold 2. One feature we both had fallen in love with, is the S pen. Besides some of the gimmicks, it really had come in handy, especially for jotting down quick reminders, or orders without even unlocking the phone. However,as much as I miss that S pen, this Fold 2 has literally made up for it! The bigger battery is just great, the storage of course, the versatility..... its just amazing, and definitely well executed. It's a head turner if you happen to unfold it in public :grimacing_face::grinning_face_with_sweat::face_with_tears_of_joy:. Don't get me wrong, it is a delicate device especially with no ip rating, do not just think its a delicate flower. Its still just as rugged as a normal phone. After just a couple of days, I was completely comfortable with the dimensions both folded and unfolded. Enough so, I started one handing it in its unfolded position *I do not promote this, it is your own risk*. If you are in the capacity of being able to get one of these devices, you will not be disappointed!! The care for the device, is literally just common sense, esp with the inner display, I carry a lense cleaning cloth with me, and it works wonders on the entire phone especially the inner display. The only thing I do not like is the Aura Black does not come with the frosted back, so it is a fingerprint magnet, but still just a beautiful device. I'm managing about the same battery drain/usage as I did with my Note 10 + on working days!! On my days off that I have nothing planned, I'm still getting 7 hours (+/- 45 minutes) of screen on time, using nothing but the inner display at half-three quarters-full brightness. I don't have cable, so this is how I watch my shows. Anyways, just thought I'd post for an almost 1 month review/ownership, maybe help someone else in a position upgrade. *ps: my friend loves my phone, she is ordering hers as we speak ;):upside_down_face:. She loved mine once she had hands on experience with it.* 
1 Reply
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Now all you need to do next is to go on Amazon and get the cheap $18 but firm light brown leather looking cover that protects both sides when closed but easy lift access to the phone and a stable kind of clipboard when opened
0 Likes