JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Z Fold4 possible software issue

(Topic created: 09-28-2022 09:49 PM)
userSUOgVMjyRV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, I have noticed an issue with the transition from the small front screen to the large, inner screen on my Z fold4. When I first purchased the phone, I could unlock the phone, open the phone and the phone would automatically switch to the larger screen. About a week ago I noticed that the screen would no longer transition to the inner one no matter how far or how many times I open the phone.

The larger screen does work if the outer screen is off and I open the phone. The phone turns the larger screen on automatically. This does not happen when the outer screen is on first, even if the phone is still locked or is unlocked.

The issue comes and goes. Sometimes the transition happens flawlessly, while other times it doesn't happen at all. For example, it worked in the morning yesterday but stopped working during the evening.

Does anyone else have this issue with the fold4? It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue since the screen works and the phone does detect when the screen is open. It simply doesn't transition between the inner and outer screen at times.

Solutions tried: restarting the phone, resetting all default settings, starting on safe mode.

IMG-20220911-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220911-WA0008.jpg

2 Replies
Members_rV7WU8q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

yeah got the same problem with no solutions I've even tried factory resetting it no clue on how to fix 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the screen will not transition between the outer screen and inner screen. If you are experiencing this issue while in Safe Mode  and a Factory Reset does not correct this behavior, then service is recommended.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html