Original topic:

Galaxy Z fold 2 WIFI issue, Network speed too slow or no connection

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 11:35 AM)
userrUlcN0judp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I just got my brand new Fold 2 2 days ago. it is unlocked and i am using on Verizon network,  where it is working flawless, including with the 5G signal. no complains on the mobile data speed.

Here is where the headache started, the wifi network speed is ridiculously slow ( 0.2 Mbps), useless and half of the time it does not detect my home network.  I have a home network speed of 300 Mbps. I have a note 20 ultra and iPhone pro 12 max, their wife connection is estable and speed is about the 250 Mbps. the same speed with my other devices connect to my network.

what i have done to try to correct this problem.

-reset my wifi connection on the phone, only worked for few minutes.

-reset my phone network settings, only worked for few minutes.

-restart my router and Google nest wifi system. it did not work.

- switched he phone wifi mac address to phone mac address.

-rebooted phones dozen times, it id not work.

-factory reset my phone a couple times, it only worked for couples hours. I was restoring the phone with Samsung smart switch. It seemed to work smoothly. but the issue repeated .

Last thing, I decided to do before returning the phone was to do a factory reset from the scratch, this time not using the Smart Switch, and it seems that is working. last 8 hours the wifi speed has been about the 240 Mbps steadily, finger crossed.

i like this phone but i did not expect to have this issue this phone, very frustrating and time consuming. please let me know if you have the same problem and how you resolved it.

3 Replies
Kcmaldo75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I had the same issue. I resolved it by deleting my cache from my phone. Reboot....and issue should be resolved. Hope it helps.
0 Likes
KK2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
do you mean the cache from the android recovery mode?
0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
A couple years ago there was no such thing as a bad phone chip, but lately I am wondering if a certain country has distributed bad phone chips to all of us. More seriously now (and not to spread conspiracy theories) you see your phone representative and make sure you watch them change the phone chip and try it again before you give up on what may very well be a nice phone.
0 Likes