Original topic:

Galaxy Z fold 3 and S pen case

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 12:25 AM)
Narakou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
What's your brutally honest thoughts guys and girls, on the Galaxy Z fold 3 and the S pen case?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Maxishighroller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I love my fold 3 but I got the spen case free from Verizon and the fact that the front flap doesn't have a way to secure it so it isn't flapping around made it so I will never use the case.
Narakou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did you come from the fold 2? I did and I feel like samsung really drop the ball on this one. I feel like this phone should have more to be number 3. I feel like their trying to justify the lack of upgrades with technology that not ready. " Hints the under the screen camera".
0 Likes
Maxishighroller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I didn't have a fold 2 no, and I kept my 21 Ultra for the cameras I agree the underscreen camera is pretty meh
0 Likes
Narakou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
@Maxishighroller I came from the fold 2 and to be honest, I'm little disappointed. I kind of wish I came from the 21 Ultra lol. I wouldn't have fold expectations.
0 Likes
Maxishighroller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I could see not upgrading if I had a fold 2 especially if you don't need the spen or water resistance
0 Likes
bleeman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I'm new to the Fold 3. Had Notes before from the 4 until the 10+ that I traded in for my Fold 3. I've had it for a week and love it so far. As to cases, I tried the S-pen case but wasn't impressed. As Maxishighroller said the flap leaves a lot to be desired and I don't think the case offers much in the way of protection. It reminds me of the flap case I had for my Note 8. Dropped the phone once and it popped right out of the case and cracked the corner of the screen. In addition, the slot for the S-pen storage creates a big bump so you can't lay the phone flat when it's open any more. Think of it as though you laid a book down on a pencil.

I returned the case and went with the Samsung Silicone case. It offers a little more protection and the phone won't be popping out of it. While I originally would have preferred a clear case, I decided it was a moot point as I'm hard pressed to tell that my Phantom Green phone isn't Black anyway.

Finally with regards to the S-pen as I mentioned I've been a lover of the Note series for a long time. However, I was extremely disappointed to find one, there was no internal storage for the S-pen and two you can't use it on the cover screen only the inner screen. Therefore, I've opted not to bother with the S-pen. While I miss it, the larger screen allows me to use my large hands on the phone comfortably so it's not a major inconvenience. In addition, I was disappointed as to how much the S-pen left tiny scratches on my Note 10+ screen and didn't want to chance the same happening with the fold.

--Bill
Narakou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Well put!!!
0 Likes
RLK96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
i have this case...love having the pen securely fastened to the phone and easily accessible at all times but detest that case does not lay flat on table when fully open and annoyed that I can no longer use the phone holder in my car because it won't clamp to the pen side of the case....not a fan of the flap
Mäw
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I got it but I won't be using it (case) the pen I will use as soon as I figure out how to carry it without having to carry extra things in my pocket, phone is now bulky due to the spigen case which I don't mind cause the phone is fully protected now
0 Likes