Original topic:

Galaxy Zfold 2 Screen Ruined

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 10:09 AM)
mamasoldier
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have only had this galaxy fold 2z since January and this sims card reader went out, so got replaced. It then went out again but before I could send phone back on warranty water splashed on it (it had a 90 dollar case) and ruined the front screen. So now I have to use it open for everything which is a huge hassle. I also hate the phone as a whole. The screen protector in the inside has bubbles where it folds and the one on the outside is peeling off everywhere and looks dreadful. This 2000$ phone looks like a 50$ phone and if you ask me is all it's worth. I have a galaxy phones for years and loved them but this one is a joke. The quality is subpar. I cry when I think about having to pay this off for 20 more months, I cry just thinking about how much I just don't want this phone. For the price it could of at least be water resistant I mean i don't expect water proof but at least something, my watch is water proof and samsung couldn't figure a way to make it water resistant? I mean really. 

8 Replies
Scarecrow8311
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Are you locked into a contract?
mamasoldier
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm in a contract with att. The phone i wouldnrather have is the s21 which cost less but they said have to pay off this phone or I believe most before I can get a new phone. The phone is not the slightest bit water or dust resistant and even the 90 case didn't save it from a water splash. The phone it self is not great at all the picture quality is awful on front screen and inside you have to deal with bubbles from the screen protector and can see the fold at certain angles.
UstiJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
See if Verizon will buy you out, they are having a promotion right now and will pay to switch you out if your under contract. + Better service than ATT
Scarecrow8311
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah I'm with Verizon myself.
Whitelightening
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Google Fi has the Best Network plan. I am trying to get away from AT&T with Samsung and a unlocked phone
Whitelightening
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am looking at the Galaxy Z? You know anything about them?
JoseSantiagoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
The screen protector bubble thats normal for it to happen. And it so weird because i have the galaxy z and the s10 and both phones are good it all depends on the use that you give the phone.
LarryM4371
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have the Z Flip 5G and after 5 months a series of ugly bubble have formed on my screen (under the protector).  From what I see in this forum, this is common issue with high tempatures.  I've contacted Samsung support and was told my recourses were to ship the phone and be without it for 3 - 5 days, which is not a viable option as I use my phone for work.  My other option was to bring the phone to UBreakIFix, but they don't see to carry the parts and I have to wait another 2 weeks for them to come in.  Seems to me that a common issue should provide better warranty coverage or better options for defects.