Original topic:

Google Assistant Drive Mode

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 06:02 AM)
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
New Galaxy Z Fold 3 owner here. I recently just wanted to see Googles new drive mode that is replacing the Android Auto app so I turned it on. Now even if I turn it off in assistant settings or Google maps settings it will automatically turn itself back on when I plug my phone into my Android Auto car head unit!!  

Anyone else having this issue? 

Also if you have a car with Android Auto you'd never even need this feature. But my wife's car doesn't have Android Auto so I was looking into it for her.

Thanks!
13 Replies
BradRay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am having the same problem. Anyone have a fix?
kateyes
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same problem. I've turned it off numerous times and it just comes back on when I connect to my car.
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold

I had this issue with my Fold 2 as well in a rental car I had last week. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for the follow-up. I would try clearing the cache and data for the following apps. Give these steps a try: Go to settings > apps > tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on show system apps:

1. Go to Google Play Services>Storage and tap clear cache 
  2. Go to Google Play Store>Storage and tap clear cache, then tap clear data 
  3. Go to Google Services Framework>Storage and tap clear cache, then tap clear data 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hi, I tried this and the problem persist. It just turns right back on when you connect to the car or the cars bluetooth.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when an app doesn't function as expected. Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Google app you are experiencing these symptoms with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks for the reply! Since this is the Google Assistant version of Android Auto, I'm not sure what app(s) needs clearing. The Google Assistant app it's self has no data or cache. I'm open for more insight and suggestions!

Thanks!
0 Likes
useryvXwuzUOBZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same here... but activates the moment it senses I am in a car moving. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this. It puts my phone in do not disturb
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. My next recommendation would be reaching out to Google directly for further assistance.

0 Likes