JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Googled messages not opening when Fold4 is open

(Topic created: 05-26-2023 01:48 PM)
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I can't be certain when this started to occur, but Google messages work fine on the outer display, but it instantly crashes and closes when launching with the Fold4 open, on the main display. Is anyone else having this issue? I did a reboot and same behavior.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I took an update today and it fixed google messages opening in the inner screen.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
liquid_ghost
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same here. Best to press on "send feedback" when the option to do so pops up and report the error to Google so it can be fixed promptly.
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks. It does open if you can get it in non maximized window mode.
liquid_ghost
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I appreciate you for that info. I have been settling with using the outer display until a fix is implemented, but it's nice to know there's sort of a workaround
0 Likes
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes open as the second window and it works. You can even float the window, but it crashed when exceeding some dimensions.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@taksan I'm a Google Messages beta tester and it looks like it started with the last Beta release. I recommend that you go into the Play store and provide feedback. 

0 Likes
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks. It does open if you can get it in non maximized window mode.
0 Likes
userHyf8901s7i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Having the same problem. You can also uninstall the update and it will work. You may loose some features.
0 Likes
userlxfX8U75M0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same issue last update messed it up, went back to samsung messages at the moment but now I don't see contact names from texts on my galaxy watch 5
0 Likes
Solution
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I took an update today and it fixed google messages opening in the inner screen.
0 Likes