JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I silence the scratching sound when using handwriting in Samsung Notes?

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 04:16 AM)
ZeeFoldFour
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

How do I silence the scratching sound when using handwriting in Samsung Notes? I don't have or use the spen, but I looked anyway in those settings and can't find anything there. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand wanting to turn off the scratching sound when using Handwriting in Samsung Notes on the Z Fold 4. After testing on one of our devices, the only way to turn off this feature is to turn off the system sounds. Please give that a try and let me know if you were able to resolve the symptom.

View solution in context

5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'd check in the notification sounds for the Notes app itself and/or the settings in the Notes app. perhaps it's there. (I know the sound isn't a notification, but you never know where Samsung might hide stuff)
ZeeFoldFour
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Good guess, tried and no effect. Thanks for trying to help me
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand wanting to turn off the scratching sound when using Handwriting in Samsung Notes on the Z Fold 4. After testing on one of our devices, the only way to turn off this feature is to turn off the system sounds. Please give that a try and let me know if you were able to resolve the symptom.

ZeeFoldFour
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes. That works! Thanks for responding. I'll post your solution on my reddit posting.
0 Likes
ZeeFoldFour
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Other Samsung phones apparently have a MORE SPEN SETTINGS, but my zf4 doesn't. Samsung, please address this issue
0 Likes