JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I block Available devices that are not mine in Bluetooth Settings

(Topic created: 01-11-2023 04:25 PM)
userOmdCs7vxH3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

When I pair devices with Bluetooth, I see devices in the "Available Devices" that are not mine, but could belong to neighbors. How do I add these devices to the Blocked Devices list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello @userOmdCs7vxH3, We understand it is bothersome to see a list of devices on your phone that do not belong to you. 

As the other Members said, the devices under "Available" are much like looking over the fence at your neighbor's house. 

To enter (connect to your phone), they would need to ring your doorbell or rather, you would receive a notification on your phone to allow the connection to your Bluetooth. You have to approve all Bluetooth connections the first time the device connects to the phone.

This is where the Block pairing requests feature is useful. If you receive a notification on your phone to connect to a device, and you did not request it, then you select the option to block the request. That device will no longer be able to request a connection to your phone.

I hope this helps.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Why would you block devices? It is the same as seeing your neighbor's Wi-Fi, you just don't connect to them.

userOmdCs7vxH3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I don't want to see them on my phone, they don't belong to me.
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
They are not on your phone, it is just when you go to Bluetooth settings it's in "discovery mode" and that makes other close by devices appear in the list.

0 Likes
userOmdCs7vxH3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
So why is there a "Block pairing requests" option if I cannot block my neighbors devices from being paired to my device?
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
To pair is to connect, doe s nt change the fact that you can still see it. Think of it like a short fence. Block pairing request keeps the gates locked. But you can still see the house. Same difference
0 Likes
userOmdCs7vxH3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
That still doesn't answer my question. I can see the house(devices) but don't know how to lock the gate(block the devices from pairing with my device).
0 Likes
LimeGreenGal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
You won't connect accidentally with your neighbors' devices, as pairing requires accepting the request and entering the code. Nothing to worry about.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello @userOmdCs7vxH3, We understand it is bothersome to see a list of devices on your phone that do not belong to you. 

As the other Members said, the devices under "Available" are much like looking over the fence at your neighbor's house. 

To enter (connect to your phone), they would need to ring your doorbell or rather, you would receive a notification on your phone to allow the connection to your Bluetooth. You have to approve all Bluetooth connections the first time the device connects to the phone.

This is where the Block pairing requests feature is useful. If you receive a notification on your phone to connect to a device, and you did not request it, then you select the option to block the request. That device will no longer be able to request a connection to your phone.

I hope this helps.