Original topic:

How do I save on battery life on the Zfold 3 edition?

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 02:43 AM)
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold

Battery life never use to bother me much back in the days when you had phones with removable Batteries. I always had a spare fully charged battery on standby.
Then over time phones transitioned into mostly built-in batteries, but again phones with built-in batteries got so good I didn't have to worry about the batteries dying for days.
Now with Samsung pushing the boundaries with its new folding phones that has dual screen,( with 120 refresh rate like the likes of some television set), the issue of batteries drain has resurfaced.

I now have to find ways to conserve on batteries without compromising features and functions. I refuse to pay so much money for the additional features and functions that comes with the phone to resort to not using them to save on batteries.

Here are 5 things I do to help with my battery saving efforts.

1. I use dark mode as much as possible
2. I set my phone only to charge to maximum 85% ( they say doing this should extend the batteries life span )
3. I set the screen time out to the minimum time need ( that's according to my usage and 1 minute works)
4. I use Bixby routines ( samsung digital assistant ) to automatically turn on or off my Bluetooth or wifi according to my situation. ( for example: when I get into my car, it automatically turns off my wifi and then turn on my Bluetooth and the opposite occurs when I return home/work)
5. I also use other features like bedtime etc.

One battery saving feature I don't use is " Power saving mode" and that is because it limits the CPU speed to 70% and for maximum power saving in this mode it limits the background activity ( which makes multi tasking a little challenging) it allow only certain apps when in that mode as well.
For me if I reach that point, I just stop and get some charge.

Please share any tips or tricks you have on battery life, I would love to know how you conserve on battery power. Cheers

5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Settings
Developer options
Running services
Check and disable unnecessary service.

Disable Google Services.

Setup Bixby routine for power saving mode at night and turn everything off.

Disable animations.

Settings
Apps
Special access
Allow to use data
Disable if not needed

0 Likes
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Wow, there is a lot more I can do. Thanks for sharing I am going to try them.. cheers
0 Likes
userhwCFN5HV4j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Turn off wifi and bt scanning
ChicoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Turning off WiFi, BT scanning and Google services has helped a lot. I was getting 3.5 to 4 hours of SOT. I am now getting anywhere between 5 to 6 hours of SOT on a single charge from 15% to 100% with anywhere between 26 to 30 hours away from the charger. This is also mostly 80% on wifi, 75% inner display, brightness set to auto, both screens set to adaptive.

I don't really worry about battery health as I typically am not keeping my devices for more than a year except for my tablets. Screenshot_20210917-211839_Device care_6591.jpg
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
You are right about battery health, I also upgrade every year so charging to 85% really doesn't make a difference other than having less battery life for the day... thanks for sharing cheers