Battery life never use to bother me much back in the days when you had phones with removable Batteries. I always had a spare fully charged battery on standby.
Then over time phones transitioned into mostly built-in batteries, but again phones with built-in batteries got so good I didn't have to worry about the batteries dying for days.
Now with Samsung pushing the boundaries with its new folding phones that has dual screen,( with 120 refresh rate like the likes of some television set), the issue of batteries drain has resurfaced.
I now have to find ways to conserve on batteries without compromising features and functions. I refuse to pay so much money for the additional features and functions that comes with the phone to resort to not using them to save on batteries.
Here are 5 things I do to help with my battery saving efforts.
1. I use dark mode as much as possible
2. I set my phone only to charge to maximum 85% ( they say doing this should extend the batteries life span )
3. I set the screen time out to the minimum time need ( that's according to my usage and 1 minute works)
4. I use Bixby routines ( samsung digital assistant ) to automatically turn on or off my Bluetooth or wifi according to my situation. ( for example: when I get into my car, it automatically turns off my wifi and then turn on my Bluetooth and the opposite occurs when I return home/work)
5. I also use other features like bedtime etc.
One battery saving feature I don't use is " Power saving mode" and that is because it limits the CPU speed to 70% and for maximum power saving in this mode it limits the background activity ( which makes multi tasking a little challenging) it allow only certain apps when in that mode as well.
For me if I reach that point, I just stop and get some charge.
Please share any tips or tricks you have on battery life, I would love to know how you conserve on battery power. Cheers
Check and disable unnecessary service.
Disable Google Services.
Setup Bixby routine for power saving mode at night and turn everything off.
Allow to use data
Disable if not needed
I don't really worry about battery health as I typically am not keeping my devices for more than a year except for my tablets.