JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn off auto download games?

(Topic created: 11-13-2022 09:10 AM)
MrMoo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

How do you turn off the  Feature where game launcher is automatically downloading random games

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@MrMoo That is not a feature of Game launcher. I've never had a random game  downloaded on any of my unlocked devices. 

When I used to have carrier devices, they would often push games and apps that they were promoting. This is either coming from your carrier or some malware that you have installed. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@MrMoo That is not a feature of Game launcher. I've never had a random game  downloaded on any of my unlocked devices. 

When I used to have carrier devices, they would often push games and apps that they were promoting. This is either coming from your carrier or some malware that you have installed. 

NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold

@MrMoo as what @LongHiker mentioned it is your carrier pushing this app to your phone or a malware. 

Try to go to your Settings > Apps and review the list of your apps. Depending on your carrier try to find something called like Verizon App Manage or App Cloud .. or something. try to uninstall this or disable it.

0 Likes
User42alpha
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's your carrier, I disabled "Verizon App Manager" because thats what app the notification said was downloading the other apps. Nothing bad happened when disabling it, just stopped getting random apps downloaded to my phone.
0 Likes