JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I ordered the zfold 3 and z flip unlocked. Did I do the right thing? Thanks

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 07:42 AM)
userjhB2ypGxyj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
My service is with tmobile. I don't move carriers often but I thought it would be good to be able to if need be. Now kinda concerned if I made the right decision. Will samsungs unlocked phones work on tmobile? Not real knowledgeable on unlocked phones. Thanks!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes it will work. I've ordered unlocked and T-mobile locked phones and works great on their network. Sometimes T-mobile sends updates before Samsung unlocked phones 😆

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
floydvoid
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
if you have a sim card it should work just fine in your new unlocked rig. enjoy
0 Likes
userjhB2ypGxyj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks so much for your Reply
0 Likes
Solution
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes it will work. I've ordered unlocked and T-mobile locked phones and works great on their network. Sometimes T-mobile sends updates before Samsung unlocked phones 😆

View solution in context

0 Likes
userjhB2ypGxyj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for your response. So of I can ask, which do you prefer, tmobile locked or unlocked. Is there any downfalls for not going tmobile locked. Thanks
0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
If I had to choose it would be an unlocked phone. At least you know it can be used with other carriers, it maintains a higher resell value, you get more support straight from Samsung. T-Mobile device is not bad though its built to be optimized for their network (at least settings) , as I've mentioned they also many times get software updates before the unlocked version
userjhB2ypGxyj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks again!!
0 Likes
Tangmu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have moved my T-Mobile SIM card to a new phone before with no issue except for one time it didn't work, and I called T-Mobile and they wanted the EIN number from the new phone, and then it was active in a few moments.  So if it doesn't connect right away, then call customer service and they will fix it. 

0 Likes
userjhB2ypGxyj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for your response!
0 Likes