Original topic:

Inconsistent One UI Element on the Fold 3

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 05:19 PM)
Options
Galaxy Fold
I wonder if Samsung intentionally didn't add the One UI "pull down" feature that allows for easier reachability. For instance, in the Settings menu, it's there on the left side of the screen, but not on the right side. Could be intentional, but it seems like an oversight to me. For the sake of consistency, I'd prefer they fix that with a software patch. 

5 Replies
PalmTreez47
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
I believe that big space on left screen is used when highlighting you have a system update. If you download goodlock you can download [one hand operation +] that makes it to where everything is pulled into a smaller format in either left or right bottom corner.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
Not exactly. If you look at all the system apps, they all have that large space to bring the menus down and make them easier to reach. That was the intention when they introduced the One UI system a few years ago. It makes everything a little easier to reach. They just haven't added that into the inner menus on the right side of the screen for some reason, only the left. Just seems like an oversight on their part.
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Who exactly is using the device with one hand unfolded
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
That wasn't my point and not what I said. I'd my wondering my this One UI design element is missing in this particular portion of the system. It's in every other area of the UI because One UI was also supposed to be about reachability. And if it's on one side like in the picture, how did it not get implemented in the other side like in the picture. All the native apps pull themselves down like the left side. It's just missing here and I'm curious as to why. I remember sending them feedback before because I noticed when they updated the Gallery, they added this everywhere else within the app except the Trash. They fixed it after that. Must've been an oversight. Could be the same thing here.
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Ok I understand now my bad
0 Likes