Original topic:

Issue after One UI 3.1.1 with 7.6 fold screen app icons

(Topic created: a month ago)
MH1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
After doing the One UI 3.1.1 update on my Galaxy z Fold2 5G , sometimes when I open to my fold screen my format and App icons are over sized and some app icons are missing..I have to close my fold screen back to main front screen and tip the front screen then open up my fold screen for it to go back to normal..is anyone else having this same issue..is there fix for it..??
14 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
Settings
Home screen
Home screen grid
Or
App screen grid
0 Likes
MH1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have look at those settings and there are as they should be..I have even set the the Home screen and Main screen to mirroring and then set it back to mirroring off but still happens sometimes..
0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
My advice would be, back up your phone and perform a factory reset. While Android has improved over the years, it used to be highly suggested after a big update.
0 Likes
MH1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hopefully that's the last thing I have to do..like I said it doesn't happen all the time..so I will hold off on factory reset..Hopefully andriod will have a fix for this glitch..
0 Likes
userrsqCHkH0Rg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the same issue. I contacted the customer support, they made me do a phone setting reset but it did not solve the problem. Then I contacted the customer service a second time, this time they told me to send my phone for software reupload. Quite frustrating. They should solve this bug with an update...
0 Likes
usernzM9vm4ECz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have the same issue and like others here I was told to reset my phone to factory settings by customer support. I have found that the issue is that the phone somehow copies the grid layout of the cover screen and shows it on the main screen, thinking that the main screen is the cover screen (but without copying the background image). I too hope they find a fix for this that doesn't require me to reset my phone.

0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yes... happens on my Fold 2 as well - sometimes when you open the phone you do not get a view that duplicates the first 2 cover screens (with small icons), but rather you get a full screen with large icons of just the first cover screen. It happens to me fairly often, at least a few times a day. Can we report this somewhere as a bug?

0 Likes
dsenk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've had this problem as well and it's very frustrating. Since the last update if I open my phone then powered on I get the cover screen layout and not my full app home screen layout. I didn't have to close the phone, unlock it and then unfold it
0 Likes
dsenk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
This seemed to have worked... Go to settings, home screen and turn off cover screen mirroring
0 Likes