Original topic:

Losing wifi when connecting bluetooth ear buds Fold 3

(Topic created: 08-03-2022 11:05 PM)
userfl8OO67NWI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hi Samsung Gurus,

Anyone experience loss in wifi as soon as they connect their Samsung buds? In fact when I try to connect my bluetooth crash helmet i get the same loss.

Its only starting happening  (2 weeks) was great before, but now driving me mad.

Reset network twice 

Hard reset once

Factory reset once.

Have a feeling an app maybe interfering but now cannot see which it is or it maybe something totally different.

Be great to get it sorted.

TTFN.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your Wi-Fi is not working up to our standards. Let's try a few things to see if we can get this settled for you. 

1. If you connect to Bluetooth while your phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, you may experience slow network speeds.

This is because the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network shares radio spectrum with Bluetooth. For a more stable connection and performance, we recommend using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network or connecting Bluetooth and Wi-Fi separately. Many routers also include options for Bluetooth coexistence that can be enabled in their configuration pages, check with the ISP or router manufacturer for details.

When connecting to a 5 GHz network, the network is typically listed as such in the list. Otherwise, the router may not support it. Check with the ISP or router manufacturer for details.

2. If you are still having issues let's try the following link (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/). It has a few steps that are listed in the comment above as well! 

3. If none of these troubleshooting steps are helping with your connection issue I would suggest submitting an error report on the Members App.
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
user8FWaMyiRZ3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

fixes for when WiFi Keeps disconnecting on Android:
Restart your phone.
Remove and reconnect to the network.
Forget old/other networks.
Restart your Wi-Fi router.
Move closer to the WiFi network source.
Try switching the router's AP band.
Disable network auto-switch.
Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth settings.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
userfl8OO67NWI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks Will,

Sorry I may of mislead, I don't drop wifi 100%, if I am playing say Youtube it plays at real time but if I connect my buds the speed drops to around 70kbps or lower.

That's what makes me think there is a conflict somewhere.

Regards 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your Wi-Fi is not working up to our standards. Let's try a few things to see if we can get this settled for you. 

1. If you connect to Bluetooth while your phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, you may experience slow network speeds.

This is because the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network shares radio spectrum with Bluetooth. For a more stable connection and performance, we recommend using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network or connecting Bluetooth and Wi-Fi separately. Many routers also include options for Bluetooth coexistence that can be enabled in their configuration pages, check with the ISP or router manufacturer for details.

When connecting to a 5 GHz network, the network is typically listed as such in the list. Otherwise, the router may not support it. Check with the ISP or router manufacturer for details.

2. If you are still having issues let's try the following link (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/). It has a few steps that are listed in the comment above as well! 

3. If none of these troubleshooting steps are helping with your connection issue I would suggest submitting an error report on the Members App.
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes