Original topic:

Missed Opportunities

(Topic created: 08-28-2021 08:35 PM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hey Samsung,

I purchased the Z Fold 3 along with the Watch 4 Classic and Flip Cover case with Spen. I have some constructive criticism regarding the lot. Missed opportunity to not have made the Flip Cover case an S-View Flip Cover case. Considering you have to unfold it's Cover to use your front screen, then unfold your Fold to use the inside display all feels a bit tedious if often operated in that order. Also I believe that an alternate case design could have been created that houses the Spen. Something slightly more durable around the edges but has an Spen holster on the very back that could act as a way to prop the phone up while in Flex Mode to make it more comfortable to use.

The Galaxy Watch 4 and 4 Classic, I thought, was suppose to offer longer battery life because of Google's WearOS? I have the Watch 3 and had the Watch Active 2 before it. It seems like the battery life has been reduced and remained stagnant. What would be the chances that you could create an even larger? Maybe something that is rectangular that provides even more capabilities due to its larger screen. Such as: allowing for a larger keyboard to use the keyboard. Maybe something that is similar in size to the Cover display of the Z Flip 3? 

Also super thankful for the Protect Battery feature! A few questions regarding that:
Are older devices going to receive that feature with any of the next updates?
Will you enable that feature be set on a timer naturally? Instead of trying to find some work around using Bixby? Because it feels like, while Bixby may be given more capabilities, she doesn't seem to be getting any smarter with current capabilities/commands. She seems to be digressing. I tried to ask her to turn on/off Protect Battery and she turns on/off Battery Saver Mode 🙄. Is there a way that you can make adjustments so that Bixby can fully understand each of individual settings titles and features so that she doesn't get confused? Or at the least......allow us to be able to teach and correct her again. 🤨

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
DavZell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Regarding battery life, Tizen always had better battery life. Most people familiar with both OS's expected the GW4 to have worse battery life than the GW3, and that is what has occurred, unfortunately.

Regarding battery protection, can I ask why you would want that on a schedule? Isn't the intent to not charge above 85% so that your battery has better health over the long term? This would be a setting you always leave on if you wanted it at all. You might turn it off for a specific day or maybe weekend when you needed maximum battery life on those days, but changing it on a schedule doesn't seem to make sense if I understand it correctly.
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I created a Bixby Routine to notify me when my phone charges to 95% (such as on my way to work so I can have as much battery life possible as I'm not at a desk).
I'd like Protect Battery to be on a schedule so it coyote activate and deactivate based on a sleep schedule. I tried making a Bixby Routine for this but when I tell it "turn on Protect Battery" it understands it as Battery Saver Mode which doesn't do anything with Protect Battery.
Just some refinement that Samsung counts easily implement.
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Also, Samsung, would you be capable of allowing the battery percentage at which the charge is paused to be adjustable?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes