JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mobile hotspot data on eSim

(Topic created: 09-18-2022 06:00 AM)
Juliocdiaz97
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I switched from a physical SIM card to an eSim on the Samsung Galaxy Fold 4. I currently having a problem with losing Hotspot data without using or turning Hotspot/tethering on. I'm not sure if it software or mobile carrier? 

Example: I was watch video on crunchyroll when I received a text say I have lost 80% of mobile hotspot data. I ignored it and continue watching videos on the fold 4 and 12 minutes later received a text saying I used 100% of my Mobile Hotspot data.

0 Likes
10 Replies
shoman94
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I would be calling TMobile tech support on this.

By chance are you using Private DNS?
Juliocdiaz97
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I still have the same mobile settings as I had on my physical SIM card. This only happens when I convert it to eSim.
0 Likes
shoman94
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes I recently switched to an ESIM also (s21). I use a private DNS to block ads and using a VPN causes the same issue from what I've been reading. Using ESIM with a VPN or Private DNS causes the system to think you are using hotspot data.
shoman94
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Went back to a physical SIM, everything is working again. I can also see 5G UC again too.
0 Likes
shoman94
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Have you tested this recently? One of my phones is still on the ESIM and it is working correctly now.
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
We had a situation like this yesterday but with an iPhone 12 on iOS 16.
Solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
If it is truly turned off, contact T-Mobile
Juliocdiaz97
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have already contacted tmobile and they just rest my hotspot data. After repeatedly telling them I do not have my hotspot on or anything like that nothing connected to my phone. they still believe, I have something connected to my hotspot which is completely turned off, on settings. Screenshot_20220918_061126_Settings_28118_1663506686.jpg
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
If convenient, go to their store to speak with support