JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Much slower internet speed on Galaxy fold 4

(Topic created: 12-27-2022 12:14 PM)
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, my Galaxy fold 4 is getting much slower speeds then an iphone 13 pro max connected to an orbi system with three satellites. 600mbps to 300mbps as shown in the screenshot. I have tried a network factory reset, cache partition wipe and rejoing the network with no help. Should I try a factory reset or does anyone have any suggestions? I also receive a no internet error when connected to the wifi when all other devices are fine. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
At those speeds, are you just trying to split hairs at this point?

It's probably just the difference in hardware in both phones.

Either way, those are good numbers and I wouldn't put much energy into solving this mystery.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
At those speeds, are you just trying to split hairs at this point?

It's probably just the difference in hardware in both phones.

Either way, those are good numbers and I wouldn't put much energy into solving this mystery.
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
That makes sense. I also run into a connected without internet error all the time when all other devices have internet
0 Likes
cmurdd666
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I was just thinking the same thing what are you complaining about you know 600 download speed come on
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Run diagnostics testing thru this app. It'll tell you if there are issues.

Lastly, if you can front it, have a technician look at your device and determine if your wifi receiver is faulty.
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree with @KennewickMan . It is probably just the difference in wifi hardware. I have used this same tool to test my wifi before. Make sure you are using the same server. I would assume you would check this by clicking "Detailed result" directly under the ping.
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
It turns out that there was coax cable signal interference which was slowing down the network as a whole with has been fixed. Difference in device hardware still holds true
justinceo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

To perform a slow internet speed test on your Samsung Galaxy device, you can use the Speedtest by Ookla app, which is available for free on the Google Play Store. Here are the steps:

• Open the Google Play Store on your Galaxy device and search for "Speedtest by Ookla."
  • Install the app and launch it.
  • Tap on the "Begin Test" button in the center of the screen to start the speed test.
  • Wait for the test to complete, which should take around 30 seconds.
  • After the test is complete, you will see your download and upload speeds displayed on the screen.
  • Alternete: SpeedTest.How, Fast.com, Nperf.com

If your internet speed is slower than expected, there are several things you can try to improve it:

• Move closer to your Wi-Fi router or access point.
  • Make sure there are no obstructions blocking the signal between your device and the router.
  • Restart your router and/or modem.
  • Check for any firmware updates for your router or modem.
  • Disconnect other devices from the Wi-Fi network to reduce congestion.
  • Consider upgrading your internet plan with your service provider.

0 Likes