cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Multi Window Tray Ruined with "Handle"

After the recent update, samsung has decided to create a horrendous eye sore as part of the multi window tray that was never there before. Prior to this update, you seemlessly could swipe left from the right side of the screen on any window and the phone would open your incredibly convenient multi window tray for you to have numerous applications open at one time.  I used this feature every day, constantly.
Now, there is a horrible bar on the side of the screen that superimposes itself on anything you may be looking at and YOU CANT TURN IT OFF. The only way to get rid of this eye sore of a bar is to turn off this amazing feature... 
insane oversight on the part of the developers. hopefully they see this and allow us to hide the bar and still utilize the multi window tray like we have been for the past  7 months. why is there no "hide handle" option for this feature to use it the way it was originally designed to be, just a gesture.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Multi Window Tray Ruined with "Handle"

Is it anything like the s line of phones with the edge panel because you can definitely make that invisible in the settings it's like edge screen settings or something like that . I don't have a fold but it sounds familiar

Highlighted
Constellation

No, you cannot remove the handle without removing the feature. Not only am I tech savvy and figured that out on my own but I also called customer service to confirm. It's part of the new update and we are forced into it if we want to use that feature.

So you have to live with this very unsightly bar or go without such a great feature. I cannot imagine who thought that was an ok idea...

Highlighted
Astronaut

I totally agree. Worse than the unsightly element is that you can now only swipe on the handle not any part of the screen. Using the tablet outdoors for navigating it's hard to see quickly where the handle is. Previously you could just swipe anywhere. Wish I could downgrade. This version brought me no advantages, just this disadvantage. Disappointed.